why is my payment on hold?

xemzx
Contributor
Contributor

Why is my payment of a virtual product on hold, even though it says that it has been completed on the buyers/senders status? Like the buyer already confirmed the receipt but the money is only shown on my pending balance, not in my Paypal balance.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@xemzx 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds.

As you have received the funds for an intangible item no tracking number is applicable and they would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark the transaction as processed the buyer may have the option on their account to go into the 'details' of the transaction and mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

STEPHCHAVEZ
Contributor
Contributor

"If you mark the transaction as processed the buyer may have the option on their account to go into the 'details' of the transaction and mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied."

'May' have the option? What affects that maybe? Why is there a maybe involved in payment processing? Maybe you can have your funds now, maybe not? Is this a joke? 

@kernowlass Where can i find this "MAYBE" in the user agreement? 

Dozens of people are having this exact same issue where they don't have the "CONFIRM RECEIPT" button, check the recent forum posts.

I also made a post about it: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/NO-quot-CONFIRM-RECEIPT-quot-BUTTON/m-p/2280409

PayPal support is useless and cant seem to understand that it is a glitch on their side. Terrible customer assistance. Very unprofessional. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.