Contributor
Contributor

why cant i add funds to my paypal account from my linked bank

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

jonaclark
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

If you just added it, you will have to wait 30 days after linking it before you can transfer into your PayPal account. You can still use the bank account to make purchases or send money in the meantime.

Login to Me Too

Amandayopp
Contributor
Contributor

ive been having problems with automatic top up with my paypal cash debit card it doesnt work i was told to add funds from my bank account but they didnt tell me i had to wait 30 days

Login to Me Too

Amandayopp
Contributor
Contributor

i have the feature set to on from the paypal app but it wont top up at all i was wondering if theres some kind of security hold on my account or something

Login to Me Too

chino2
New Community Member

Hello did you find a way to sort this? i am having the same problem just keep getting a message saying we couldnt add money from this bank account? i have emailed paypal but just a reply with steps to take and they dont work..I cant send payments either keeps saying a error message so i thought to add the money from my bank and pay for goods out my paypal balance, no chance its so stupid Any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Login to Me Too

artistgreggy
New Community Member

I used to be able to do this up until recently, but as of two weeks ago i can no longer add funds to my PayPal balance from my linked bank account. I know I can just simply use my linked bank account to access funds but that is not what I am trying to do. I want to be able to ADD funds to my Paypal balance, (not trying to end up making a payment by the way)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hello @artistgreggy,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I can appreciate why issues like this would be frustrating. Generally, our security system will prevent a transaction that is considered high-risk. Situations like this can occur if you are logged into your account from an unfamiliar device, unsecured internet connection, while using a VPN, or if you have multiple transactions that are still processing with your bank. If your account has a limitation or you have recently disputed a payment with your bank, that can cause a transaction of this nature to be declined as well. 

The following link will expand on some of the available options to add funds to your PayPal account for your review: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-from-my-confirme....

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.