using prepaid visa card

bloodyeric12
Contributor
Contributor

i was wondering can i use like a $50 prepaid visa card and transfer the money on to my paypal account? and then use another card again?

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88

tigpoppa

just to be clear can paypal accept prepaid debit cards?  seems sorta shady because I went to buy a moneypack card which is like a scratch off and it said 5$ extra plus would only accept cash which is suspicious so i dont trust paypal moneypak around here only criminal stores or illegal ones done accept credit cards.  so can I use a prepaid visa card on paypal?

Login to Me Too

oXton
Contributor
Contributor
Can I link my prepaid visa card to paypal, to be able receive payments from buyers on ebay? Best regards.
Login to Me Too

murmur999

yes but i want to use 2 or 3 different prepaid visas how do i do this??

Login to Me Too

ckeith
New Community Member

Can I use 2 or 3 prepaid visa  to pay for one expensive  item 

Login to Me Too

optimiism23

I currently have a Visa Prepaid card, but when I attempt to use it to make a purchase... I get an error that the type of card is invalid. I have the recipet and the balance of 25.00$ as of 4:10 PM What is wrong!!!

Login to Me Too

JeffBridges
New Community Member

I have the same probelm! did you fix it?

Login to Me Too

flang
New Community Member

So why was my tranasaction rejected when i used my prepaid card?

Login to Me Too

Chris_Gonz32
New Community Member

So, I linked my Visa Card to my account as a prepaid card, then varified the card on the website the card provided. Though, my wallet still syas $0.00. If I were to by something on, let's say ebay, would the card be charged or work in general?

Login to Me Too

MetalMike144K
Contributor
Contributor
Adrian, I have the PayPal Debit Mastercard, the standard one direct linked to my paypal account. Not prepaid. If I wanted to link or add a Prepaid Visa gift card, one that's registered with a mailing address and activated (accepted and linked successfully with my account) if I use it to check into and pay for a hotel room with plenty of balance to spare (more than needed for the stay plus some) if I use my direct Paypal Debit Mastercard will it automatically debit the gift card for the amount if I check in with my real Paypal Debit Mastercard? Since hotels won't allow prepaid gift cards I wanted to use this with my paypal account so I can use it via my direct account Paypal debit Mastercard.
Login to Me Too

MetalMike144K
Contributor
Contributor
Adrian, I have the PayPal Debit Mastercard, the standard one direct linked to my paypal account. Not prepaid. If I wanted to link or add a Prepaid Visa gift card, one that's registered with a mailing address and activated (accepted and linked successfully with my account) if I use it to check into and pay for a hotel room with plenty of balance to spare (more than needed for the stay plus some) if I use my direct Paypal Debit Mastercard will it automatically debit the gift card for the amount if I check in with my real Paypal Debit Mastercard? Since hotels won't allow prepaid gift cards I wanted to use this with my paypal account so I can use it via my direct account Paypal debit Mastercard.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.