using prepaid visa card

bloodyeric12
Contributor
Contributor

i was wondering can i use like a $50 prepaid visa card and transfer the money on to my paypal account? and then use another card again?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

bloodyeric12

Welcome to the boards!

You can definintely add the card to PayPal. Keep in mind though, that at this time, you may not be able to add some pre-paid debit or credit cards if we cannot validate the billing address associated with the card. 

In terms of adding funds, you cannot use a card to add funds to the balance. However, if you can successfully register the card, you don't need to add funds first.

Just make a payment, and we'll debit the card directly.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
88 REPLIES 88
Solved

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

bloodyeric12

Welcome to the boards!

You can definintely add the card to PayPal. Keep in mind though, that at this time, you may not be able to add some pre-paid debit or credit cards if we cannot validate the billing address associated with the card. 

In terms of adding funds, you cannot use a card to add funds to the balance. However, if you can successfully register the card, you don't need to add funds first.

Just make a payment, and we'll debit the card directly.  Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

bigbenz10
Contributor
Contributor

So just so I am clear on this. I also have a prepaid visa added and validated on my account. Your saying that I can't add funds from the visa, but that I can purchase something online with paypal and it will automatically debit my prepaid visa. So how long does it take to process the payment?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

bigbenz10 -

You got it!  We're able to retrieve the funds from the card immediately, so the other party will receive your payment instantly.

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You're welcome!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

bigbenz10
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering how I change my Backup Funding source to my bank account and use my visa as the primary? Because you said it would automatically debit my credit card, but my payment source shows paypal and then bank account, and then Backup Funding source as Visa.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

bigbenz10 -

Bank accounts are not available as a back up funding source.  Once you have both a bank and a card on file, you may have the following payment methods to choose from on any particular transaction (appropriate currency balance used first, except for eChecks):

• Immediate bank transfer first, card as a backup if the bank fails (Instant Transfer)
  • 5-8 business day bank transfer, no card backup (eCheck)
  • Immediate card payment (pay via Card)
  • Balance only if balance is enough

Thanks!

Adrian

Login to Me Too

UserAccount
Contributor
Contributor

I have a new prepaid Master Card, and  I do not have the option to use it to make payment although it has been validated as a primary card.

I would like to make a payment so that my balance is brought back to positive.

Also, I found out that I was offered to instantly send money from my bank by direct deposit to someone else with a Paypal account.

I wonder if it will work since there is a restriction on my bank account.

I was told that it would work from my bank, but they did not to this day give me any written confirmation of that restriction.

That very fact that the banks gives me no written confirmation of that restriction also makes it harder for me to use as evidence.

Also, how can I keep track of any message/questions I am posting?

I just checked the current [  ] box Email me when someone replies to my post.

Login to Me Too

boricua23
Contributor
Contributor

Finally i found someone that has the answers, I bought a pre paid pay pal debit card, those on walgreeens, supermarkets, i added 65 dollars, i have spend 1/3 of it,  when i go to my pay pal account it doesn't show the amount left, why?  and another question, is there a monthly fee for having this card? or a fee after 90 days? i have heard that please help thank you 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.