unable to re-link my credit card previously removed

KCheung
Contributor
Contributor

i cannot link my credit card back to my PayPal after i removed it from my account. i called the customer service centre. the rep told me this is because i am on an unstable internet network and apologized he cannot help me fix it. what?! i have been using PayPal for many years and i have not had any problem with logging into my account. i just cannot link my credit card back. guys, do you know how to fix it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KCheung 

Once you have removed it, it may take a few days to allow the system to re-set so i would try in a few days + use another device or browser.

Secondly it won't work if you have added/removed it to/from any paypal account more than 3 times.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KCheung
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for replying my inquiry. Today is third day and I still cannot add my credit card back. Not sure how long more I need to wait. It's shopping season! 😓

I will keep trying every day and report back once I can add it back. Finger crossed!

Login to Me Too

KCheung
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Hey. Just come back here to let you know that after 2 weeks I still cannot add my credit card back or add it to another account. What is happening?? Not happy 😖

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KCheung 

Then your best bet is to contact customer services and see if they can link it for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.