transferring money from paypal to FNB(a South Sfrican bank) bank account

Vance97
New Community Member

The instructions provided  here were not helpful at all.

I have already linked my bank card to PayPal. They deducted a certain amount of money, which by the way, I'm supposed to get refunded but I have not been and I do not know when this will be.

I have a certain amount of money on PayPal that I wish to transfer to my bank account but I do not know how to do this.

I tried clicking on Withdraw funds under the SUMMARY tab, but it appears that by default, only USA bank accounts work here.

Please help solve this problem.

Will be waiting for response.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Vance97. Thanks for taking the time to post your message here in the PayPal Community Forum. The difficulty you've described trying to add a bank account to your PayPal account so you can withdraw funds is not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers. I hope the following is helpful.

I'm sorry to hear the information on the PayPal Help Center page at https://www.paypal.com/za/smarthelp/article/FAQ1989 was not useful. Have you tried visiting FNB's website at https://www.fnbwithdraw.com/ppaweb/ and/or consulting with FNB directly? For this situation, that's really the best approach.

Since the process of using FNB to transfer money out of a PayPal account occurs through their website, it will be necessary to work with them since PayPal does not have access to their system. If you have a US bank account, that may be added to your PayPal account directly when you are logged on. FNB accounts must be added through FNB's website.

For PayPal customers in South Africa, there is no option currently to withdraw using a card. While the card you added may be linked to your bank account, I regret it can't be used to complete a withdrawal.

When you added the card to your PayPal account, the confirmation process would have resulted in a charge in the amount of $1.95 USD. That's done in order to provide you with a four-digit confirmation code. Since you're the only one who should have access to the card statement, completion of the confirmation process tells PayPal you're in control of the card. The charge is refunded once the confirmation code is entered into your PayPal account.

Please look on your card statement for the code and return to your PayPal account to enter it. You will see PayPal*1234CODE or PP*1234CODE on your statement where the four digits represent the code (1234 is just an example).

If the confirmation process is not completed, the charge will be refunded automatically in 75 days. If that happens, it might take an additional 30 days for your card issuer to add a credit to your statement. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, but we can't force a card issuer to apply a credit to a mutual customer's statement.

I hope this information is helpful. If further assistance is needed, please contact PayPal by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.