transferred paypal balance to a closed bank account

darryllporter
New Community Member

I accidentally transferred my paypal balance to the wrong BofA account which has been closed for years.  I submitted a ticket to paypal and they "denied my claim because it was authorized".  That wasn't my question.  Will it bounce back after a while?  Do I call the bank. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darryllporter

Check with your bank and I believe if the bank returns it, it will go back in your PayPal balance again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@darryllporter

Check with your bank and I believe if the bank returns it, it will go back in your PayPal balance again.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

TaszjaTagatac
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, did you retrieve the money? Thanks
Login to Me Too

rvenz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi  @darryllporter,

Did you manage to get the funds back to your paypal account? If yes, how long did it takes before it was returned to your paypal account.

I have the same issue. Please advise. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

AS444
New Community Member

I also just transferred to the wrong account today.  Were you able to get your money back and how long did it take?

Login to Me Too

Jerdriz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, were you able to get your money back? I accidentally transferred it to the wrong account it’s been 3 weeks now and the bank said they have returned it to paypal but until now paypal haven’t transferred it to my paypal
Login to Me Too

Jerdriz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi did you get your money back? 😞 i experienced the same today 😞
Login to Me Too

Macstar
Contributor
Contributor

has anyone ever got their money back from Paypal ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.