I did not request it to be closed 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

CPCerrc
Contributor
Contributor

Once made aware that this happened by an email from Paypal I immediately went to work to find out why it happened.

To my utter shock I was informed that and I quote "I told them to close it " Of course that was not the case. 

After many attempts on line and multiple phone calls countless hours of my time and energy spent to get someone to correct this serious issue. This is what happened.

I was repeatedly denied any assistance, more times than I can count told by multiple supervisory personnel -  There was "No Way" they would be able to do anything immediately and  that it would be a minimum 5 days before they would do anything at all.

I got the idea then that just maybe the ones helping to spread the false narrative to the entire world may have enough sway to get the knuckle heads at Synchronicity to finally correct the situation.

It is and was a seriously negative life changing event. Just imagine the domino effect that occurs when your credit usage numbers exceeded 140% as mine did and it was being displayed for all to see in each of my three credit bureau reports 

So after filing a dispute with each of the three credit bureau's informing them all that the information on my credit report report was incorrect, explaining that the PayPal folks closed without my permission the account and that they kept insisting I requested them to close my credit account which of course I had not, each told me they would check into it and get back to me. 

Miraculously!! Less than 24 hrs later I received an automated "A. I. " type call saying my account was restored  

My advice: Don't waste your time trying on your own to get Paypal to fix a closed "without your permission" credit account, Go directly to the credit bureaus for real help. 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

CPCerrc
Contributor
Contributor

They refuse to correct their error and reopen my account that I never ever requested to be closed 

Login to Me Too
Solved

CPCerrc
Contributor
Contributor

Once made aware that this happened by an email from Paypal I immediately went to work to find out why it happened.

To my utter shock I was informed that and I quote "I told them to close it " Of course that was not the case. 

After many attempts on line and multiple phone calls countless hours of my time and energy spent to get someone to correct this serious issue. This is what happened.

I was repeatedly denied any assistance, more times than I can count told by multiple supervisory personnel -  There was "No Way" they would be able to do anything immediately and  that it would be a minimum 5 days before they would do anything at all.

I got the idea then that just maybe the ones helping to spread the false narrative to the entire world may have enough sway to get the knuckle heads at Synchronicity to finally correct the situation.

It is and was a seriously negative life changing event. Just imagine the domino effect that occurs when your credit usage numbers exceeded 140% as mine did and it was being displayed for all to see in each of my three credit bureau reports 

So after filing a dispute with each of the three credit bureau's informing them all that the information on my credit report report was incorrect, explaining that the PayPal folks closed without my permission the account and that they kept insisting I requested them to close my credit account which of course I had not, each told me they would check into it and get back to me. 

Miraculously!! Less than 24 hrs later I received an automated "A. I. " type call saying my account was restored  

My advice: Don't waste your time trying on your own to get Paypal to fix a closed "without your permission" credit account, Go directly to the credit bureaus for real help. 

Login to Me Too

PrimateNormul
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  Are you talking about Synchrony bank that Lowes uses? I purchased a door at Lowes and it was defective. I could not find the receipt so I contact Synchrony and they tell me that the transaction does not exist. This was erroneous info from Synchrony. I was able to find the receipt and start the arduous warrantee process.It took three monthe to get a new door. I will never trust Synchony again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.