stuck "checking your info"

peapea
Contributor
Contributor

Making a purchase and paying with paypal is usually fast. Today its stuck on "checking your info". I want it to OK or reject the transaction not sit there for 15 minutes  

Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

Jack_M
Contributor
Contributor

It's possible that the payment you're referring to has been stopped by PayPal's internal security system.

To provide one of the safest online payment services, the internal security system reviews every payment before it's approved. Occasionally, PayPal must stop a payment. This is similar to the way most banks and credit card companies work. When a payment is stopped, it's not a reflection of you or your account activities, but rather they have noticed a pattern associated with higher-than-normal risk.

Here are some things you can do to help improve the chances of successful payments:

• Confirm your bank.
  • Confirm your card.
  • Send the payment using money in your PayPal Balance, rather than using a bank or card.
  • Switch the payment method. If you tried making the payment with your bank, try again with your card, or vice versa.

If the issue continues with no outcome for the mentioned transaction, please attempt to clear your browser data. If this does not correct the issue, please contact customer support on 0800 358 7911 for further assistance - any restriction on your account can be identified through them.

Login to Me Too

juraj_sk
New Community Member

This is obviously not a case. If there was a problem with the account, transaction etc. I'd expect to terminate the operation instantly.

Instead a throbber animation is displayed forever. I gave up after about half an hour.

To me it happened when checking out and paying for an ebay purchase.

After entering my credential in the popup window the contents of the window changed to "Checking your info" with the throbber animation.

It wasn't complete even in half an hour. I gave up. Tried different browser, different PC but no change whatsoever.

Login to Me Too

billlyvstrom

The problem is only with the e-bay. With the other sites (GearBest ) there is no problem.

Login to Me Too

mariusnn1
New Community Member

Try clearing cookies on your browser, it solved this problem for me

Login to Me Too

Inamfst
Contributor
Contributor
Cookies is not the issue, I am suffering from the same situation and tried to pay by eBay app too without luck. I have sent the message to PayPal too and waiting for the reply
Login to Me Too

Rasmusroisto

Same problem here.. been for a few weeks.. committed to buy clicked in ebay and now cant pay it.. frustrating!!

Login to Me Too

DariaGozo
Contributor
Contributor

Because of this i am getting negative feedback on my ebay account was immaculate never ha neg from 2007  I am becoming to hate paypal

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi peapea,

Welcome to the PayPal community and what a great question to start with.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of every PayPal page. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

molnart
Contributor
Contributor

i am having the very same problem for months - i cannot make any payment on ebay with paypal for months

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.