stuck "checking your info"

peapea
Contributor
Contributor

Making a purchase and paying with paypal is usually fast. Today its stuck on "checking your info". I want it to OK or reject the transaction not sit there for 15 minutes  

Login to Me Too
137 REPLIES 137

JTinoco
New Community Member

That`s only solution for the moment!! Thanks!!

@dkoskinas wrote:

Just found a way to work around this. The issue appears to happen only with the ".com" site. Just completed a purchase at ".co.uk" , and then another at ".de" (even though I do not speak German). Both sites work fine with PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

lucy8y2
Contributor
Contributor

I've been having this problem for more than two months, I can't use eBay. This problem doesn't occur on other sites though.

Login to Me Too

terenz
Contributor
Contributor

Frustrating to the users and they know it, no explanation, no hint or update about rectification or suggestions of a work around, so much for their help line, fire that lot.

The people and the users here are finding their own solutions and work around's simply because they are sick and tired of waiting for answers in vain, and frankly these few that are finding the solutions however frustrating they are for them and sharing them to the majority here that are also suffering from the same issue, these users should be the one's being paid for being the helpful one's.

I've been a member of this service for over a decade and it's the first issue I've come across that hasn't been sorted effectively or with confidence, I thought it may fix itself after a few hours but it didn't andGoogling the the error bought me here only to see that this has been going on for longer than I actually thought, thinking my error was but unique.

I also had to try a different region eBay cart like people suggested as a work around and luckily I had also registered on eBay.au (Australia), I was able to pay for my items that way.

People have suggested paying via credit card, well, some vendors won't accept credit cards as payment but only PayPal, this issue is only present on certain sites and only happens to certain accounts, .com, .eu, .uk are just some of the domains that users are experiencing payment through PayPal issues.

This should be address asap for the users will only end up finding an alternative trusted site to pay for their items.

Login to Me Too

Pete3001
New Community Member

FIXED.

I have also had this problem for a while - Deleted my cache, re-loadad the page and problem solved!!!

Login to Me Too

xdever

I found a workaround, which works for me, and probably would for anyone else, just it's a bit complicated.

All of the instructions below are for Google Chrome, but shold not differ to much for other browsers too.

So the problem is that some localized versions of the JS files are missing from paypals servers, but it still wants to load it. When you stuck on the "checking you info" screen, right click the page, and click Inspect. The debug window will open. Select Console from the upper tab bar. Here you will see a red error message about a missing script, in my case it was

https://www.paypalobjects.com/web/res/cf5/5e812dc5909040b91ec1d4881a942/templates/HU/en/rememberMe.j...

Copy out the URL, you'll need it later.

Download and install a Chrome plugin called Requestly. Click it's icon besides the URL bar of the browser, which will open it's settings. Click on the green + icon on the top to add a new rule. Select the "Replace host" option. Type some arbitrary name in the "Rule name" field. Next, check what is the next part after the "templates" part in the URL. For me, it's HU. Type this with / around (so /HU/) to "This part in URL" box, and type /US/ in the "Will be replaced by this string" field. Next, you will need to type the URL part from the beginning to the end of your locale string, in my case https://www.paypalobjects.com/web/res/cf5/5e812dc5909040b91ec1d4881a942/templates/HU to "Leave this field Empty to apply above modifications to all urls" . Save the rule and ejoy :).

So it basically redirect your locale to the US one, which works.

A screenshot of the rule for help:

paypal.png

Login to Me Too

svl1970
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like more effort than going to another country's eBay site and paying from there;)

In any case, users should not be forced to do developers' work, and if there is an issue that has been reported by multiple customers, Paypal must do something about it. A business that does not respect its customers will sooner or later go out of business, no matter how big or how important.

Login to Me Too

gottlasz
New Community Member

That worked for me.

Someone should tell paypal's team about this.

Login to Me Too

NazarGerasymchu
Contributor
Contributor

Today I've already switched to ebay.ca site and got ability to provide a payment for items already placed into my cart on ebay.

Now, when I log in to  ebay.ca I have no items in my cart (even if they are in my cart on ebay.com).

The same problem on Android application. 

This situation is ridiculous -- no answers from PayPal, no answers from eBay, no hints, no message boxes -- just infinitely running progress bar with "checking your info" message.

Login to Me Too

Gorg2331

Thank you so much! xdever's solution works, and makes total sense from informatical standpoint. Dont worry guys, this is a genuine solution, no information stealing, or anything like that! Paypal devteam should definetly look into these missing files.

Great work man!

Login to Me Too

dborovyk
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks xdever, it works!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.