sold car, buyer arranging own shipping, how to get funds off "hold"

cargeek65
New Community Member

Hello: I sold my vehicle on eBay and the buyer is arranging their own shipping. The sale was transacted outside of eBay using PayPal. I can see the funds are in my PayPal account but they are on hold. It appears the only way I can get the funds off hold is if I supply shipping tracking information (vehicle shipping doesn't have tracking info like UPS, FedEx, etc - plus the buyer is arranging their own shipping). How do I ensure that I will receive funds as soon as the vehicle is loaded on the transporter to ship as I am then no longer responsible for the vehicle - they selected the shipper and I should be able to have my funds off hold the instant it loads onto the shipper. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

TedD3
New Community Member

We are currently in this exact situation ... except I have a signature copy of the proof of delivery, and can't get any information as to where to upload it .. I entered all the information into the proof link ... name of company and tracking number, but there's no place to actually  upload the signature pdf .. 

How did you finally get it resolved ??? Just wait the 21 days ??? 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.