removing bank account

David747
Contributor
Contributor

I'm unable to remove a long since closed bank account from my Paypal account. Paypal says theres a transaction pending. This is despite my having marked another account as my preferred account to use. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@David747

Check in here to see if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@David747

Check in here to see if you had a subscription set up...

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

David747
Contributor
Contributor

thanks kernowlass, thats very helpful

Login to Me Too

dulanavive

Two things:

1. I have a PayPal Debit card for "in-store purchases" that's linked to the bank account I was trying to remove and didn't realize it.  I found it on the Payments page under the section titled Your preferred way to pay.

2. The link on the Payments page is now titled "Manage Automatic Payments" and if you follow that link, you will find on that page on the lower left "Can’t find what you’re looking for? Try the manage pre-approved payments page."

Here are some places to check: (each link opens in a new window/tab)

Payments (look under your preferred way to pay)

Automatic Payments

Pre-Approved Payments

My Pre-Approved Payments

And finally, if you have checked all of the above places, please try calling customer service.   In my situation even checking all of the above, I still was getting the error message, so I called Customer service and they were able to fix the issue.  There are others who have experienced this same scenario.   

Login to Me Too

stevis1
New Community Member

Amazing, thank you. I had to go to Set Available Funding Sources and remove my old banks there.

Heaven forbid PayPal should prioritize making this functionality available over modernizing the website design to have enormous fonts, abundant whitespace, and animated dialog boxes.

Login to Me Too

ML401
New Community Member

THANK YOU SO MUCH. I was trying to send a message and/or contact PayPal about this issue, but they keep sending you in circles. I didn't come across any link to "Set Available Funding Sources" so I am so glad that you included the link to that page.

Thanks again

ML401

Login to Me Too

wondertree
New Community Member
Didn’t help. Went to “pre-approved payments” and removed them by selecting “cancel” on each one. Status now says payments are “inactive”. But, still can’t remove old bank accounts because of a “pending transaction” even though these old bank accounts haven’t been used for years.
Login to Me Too

kiwigerman
Contributor
Contributor

Nope doesnt work

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hello kiwigerman,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

As your question is very account specific, I would advise you to contact our customer care department who can help you further. You can do this by clicking on the Help and Contact link at the bottom of every PayPal page to check what your contact options are. You can also contact us via our Facebook Page or Twitter @askPayPal.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Meridia
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Paypal, we are having exactly the same problem. We can choose to remove a bank account, but it keeps reappearing. In the resolution center, I can only submit issues relating to specific transactions. How to proceed?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.