"there's a problem adding money to your account"

1mg
New Community Member

I'm trying to transfer money from a bank account to Pay Pal. The balance is 0.00. it won't let me do it. The "help" is useless. I'm stuck on the first -----day.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Pajuil
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to do my first transfer, and it did not work. I tried to use contact us, but I did mot see any number to call.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@1mg

You do realise that you never need funds in your Paypal balance to purchase items don't you?

Paypal normally credit the seller in advance for you when you pay and Paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source, this is so there is no delay in the despatch of your item.

However they only do this normally if......

1. You are using a bank account but have a back up card linked to your Paypal account as well.

2. Pay using a card.

However if you still want to upload funds to your Paypal balance then you can only do so via a linked and confirmed bank account (not a card).

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-balance-faq1348

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BBallinghoff
Contributor
Contributor
That doesn’t help the problem we’re having. That’s just telling most of us what we already know.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BBallinghoff

But I wasn't answering your question was I which is why it was directed at the original poster.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

BBallinghoff
Contributor
Contributor
The question the OP has is the same one I have, so yes, you’re answering my question too.
Login to Me Too

BBallinghoff
Contributor
Contributor
The point of this thread is to help anyone with the problem the OP or others might be having, not just to help one person.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BBallinghoff

No, you are just hijacking someone elses thread.

The idea of a thread is that the subsequent posters post solutions to HELP the original poster.

Not post their own problems.

She / he posted a question and I have replied specifically to THEIR question.

I do not have to help every other person on the thread.

And as you have helped NO-ONE and I at least have 'tried' to help the original poster then not sure what your gripe was with my reply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JMartin12345
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my PayPal account for 16 years.  I travel a lot outside of the USA and I use my PayPal debit card to get cash from foreign ATM's.  But you have to have cash in the PayPal account to get cash out, it will not give you cash and take it from your bank account like it does for a purchase.  Last week I went to make a cash transfer from my Wells Fargo bank account to my PayPal balance exactly as I have done every month for the past 16 years, but this time it said there was a problem.  I waited on hold for an hour and a half to have the kid tell me he has no idea why it is doing it.  I sent an email and they answered that it was a security issue.  More than a week later, ten emails, four phone calls and still I cannot add money.  They say that something triggered a security flag and they cannot tell me when or if the block will be removed.  So now I am traveling and scrambling to find another way of getting cash.  The PayPal support has not been good.  They said to take cash to a pay point, pay a fee, and add money.  Or have a friend send you money.  Both of these ideas are not available to me.  It is hard to understand what the security issue is for me to transfer money from my own linked bank account to my PayPal balance.  I am beyond disappointed with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

meme58
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I tried to contact PayPal as directed. I waited on hold for 15 minutes before finally hanging up. There was no problem as recently as last month. Guess it's time to find a different company to do business with.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.