"... a problem adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

marty73
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone who comes across this topic for the same reason.. this is an FYI.

Error Message: "We're sorry. There seems to be a problem adding money to your account. If you'd like help, please contact us."

Same issue, trying to add funds.. they may get it working for you, but have learnt the option is actually blocked by PayPal as they want to force you to make payment by other means, why add funds.. if the payment method, such as a card, has money in the account.  They stated must be an issue from their end and will look into it, they don't as I've spoken with PayPal and they do not have a clue, BUT, behind the scenes there is a reason it's not working.. and it's deliberate. Just an FYI.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @marty73,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any confusion. It is not possible to add money to your PayPal account from a card. A card may only be used as a payment method. If you or anyone else is trying to add funds from a confirmed bank account and seeing that error, please contact customer service to allow a representative to look into the attempts and troubleshoot the issue further.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this can be resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.