"Your account is no longer eligible for Funds Now" came right out of the blue . . .

janetandken
Contributor
Contributor

. . . and I'm flummoxed.  I'm about as plain vanilla a PayPal member as there is, with 99.99% of transactions tied to eBay sales (and the .01% to a simple monthly payment).  Steady business for many years, minimal problems with buyers, occasional refunds due to mistakes on my end.  PayPal provided a list of five reasons why payment holds happen, and I can't fathom which applies.  Is this some kind of precautionary action by PayPal, or are they (like most of the nation right now) a bit economically edgy, or are they not telling me something (and I need to spend time with a customer service rep)?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mrwintour
New Community Member

The exact same thing happened to me around the time it happened to you. Do most of my transactions through Grailed (a menswear site), beyond stellar feedback, minimal returns. Called them and the first rep had zero idea what I was talking about and the second gave me the runaround list and none of them really apply to me. Saw a similar question on Reddit and one user said a rep stated it was precaution because of Covid-19. I'm curious if anyone else has similar experiences. You're not alone but it's extremely frustrating. Of all times, I really need the money I make to pay my bills and not way for days. 

Login to Me Too

fustrated2
Contributor
Contributor

I have just had this hapopen to me, I contacted customer support but as soon as they looked at my account they became very quiet and just said there was nothing they could do, they had no information and could not tell me who i could contact for more information. It really sounded very dodgy as if they knew soemthing but was not able to tell me? I fell like they are going to steal my money.. They are telling me it will be held for up to 180 days and after that they will give me more information? I can say I am just a little worried? I have done nothig wron.. What Is happening? Can anyone shed any light?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.