"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have sent this message to customer help but I seem to get no response and it's been two days already.
The problem: I can't link my MasterCard credit card to PayPal, as I get the error: This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.
Notes: I have received this credit card LAST YEAR, and I have not used it on ANY other PayPal accounts, nor has anybody had access to it.
Note2: I have deleted my old account, hoping that this would solve anything?? -no credit card was EVER linked on it- I reopened the account, with the same e-mail, same phone number, and I still receive the same error when I try to link my card.
Note3: I visited my credit card bank this morning and I had them do a check. There is no issue with the card itself.
I looked for a problem fixer online, and I found many people dealing with this kind of problem. Only that in my case, I have never used this credit card on any paypal account, so I don't see why it would need reseting
 I've sent a message to PayPal customer help 2 days ago and as of today, I got no reply. I even tried to reach them through a Facebook message, and nobody seemed to give a dime. There is so little information regarding what you should do in such cases, and there is so little support of the PayPal staff. I cannot call customer help, as I live in Romania and I don't know wether or not these calls cost anything. I gave them my phone number through the message. Should I expect them to call me? What is there to do in such situation? 
 Note 4: No, I cannot use "another" credit card - I just have this one.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There is some misunderstanding there,

For Eastern Euroepan countries ,you can link  MC,VISA cards to send payments like buying things,BUT to transfer fund from your paypal account to your local bank,PAYPAL goes thru VISA Europe which links 15 European banks .

Paypal has to pay VISA a fee to use this network,else it has no way of sending your PAYPAL payment to your bank account,thats why if you want PAYPAL to transfer your paypal fund to your local bank account,ask your

bank to issue you a bank VIsa card.

Your local bank must be a member of the 15 banks linked by VISA. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Mozambique-

Send:Send funds without sharing your financial information.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • Discover
Receive:Receive funds quickly from anyone with an email address in the 203 countriesand regions that accept PayPal.
  • Mastercard
  • Visa
  • American Express
  • JCB
  • Discover
  • Switch
  • Solo
  • Giropay
  • Express Checkout
  • PayPal
Withdraw:Withdraw funds from your PayPal account:
  • To your credit, debit, or prepaid card.
  • To your US bank account.
Login to Me Too

helas
New Community Member

I had this issuse. What i needed to do is only to go to my bank internet and make my mastercard to let buy on internet.

PS: srr for bad english

Login to Me Too

trythis391
New Community Member

I doubt my bank would appreciate me setting up my computer in their lobby.  What do desktop users do to get their Mastercard to be accepted?

Login to Me Too

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

@trythis391 I have already picked an answer as solution (another one of my replies). If you didn't read this thread carefully, there are more causes and solutions to this problem:

1. PayPal doesn't support mastercards in your country - this is very unlikely to be true, but make sure you check the list of supported countries for mastercard. When I had this issue, an idiot working for customer service did not even know her business well enough and thought PayPal is out of reach in Romania (it was not and is not).

2. You don't have enough money on your card - as I have said, my problem was that my credit card was empty when I wanted to link it for the first time. When you first link a credit card to a PayPal account, you must have at least 3 euros on it. And here's why: PayPal will deduct a small fee for their services, that you only pay once, when activating a credit card. If you don't have enough money for PayPal to withdraw their fee, you will get the error that the title mentions.

3. Your card needs some kind of activation to allow PayPal services - This was said by one of the people around here and I do not know if it's true. It sounds unlikely that credit cards require such thing. When I visited the bank to get help from them, because I too thought there is an issue with my credit card, they said "there is no such activation, if PayPal admits mastercards, they should admit yours too". So you can try this out, but I don't know if it's any good.

If this information helps, I have a student master card from Raiffeisen Bank, I managed to link my account when I had like 10 euros on it, and it's linked to PayPal ever since. The bank was useless for informations, the customer service was useless for informations, but I hope this helped you a bit.

And if any PayPal admin or customer service sees this thread and this message, some of you are worthless and simply work for a paycheck, with no clue on what you're actually doing. It's good to write "working as Customer Service at PayPal" on your Facebook wall, but you sure as **bleep** can't do jack when asked a simple question outside your comfort zone.  PayPal better hire my **bleep** for solving this thing out when their staff couldn't. 

Login to Me Too

Hrodwulf666
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this issue and nothing seems to work. I have 8 euros in my PP account and £1500 available on my CC and I haven't used the card yet. I just don't get it. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Hrodwulf666

Is the item you are buying in euros or sterling, is your paypal account UK + card?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FERLORI

I cant link my maestro card . I've deleted this card once to my accaount and i can't link it again ! 

Login to Me Too

Ashton0402

I'm having the same issue from Canada

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.