"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have sent this message to customer help but I seem to get no response and it's been two days already.
The problem: I can't link my MasterCard credit card to PayPal, as I get the error: This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.
Notes: I have received this credit card LAST YEAR, and I have not used it on ANY other PayPal accounts, nor has anybody had access to it.
Note2: I have deleted my old account, hoping that this would solve anything?? -no credit card was EVER linked on it- I reopened the account, with the same e-mail, same phone number, and I still receive the same error when I try to link my card.
Note3: I visited my credit card bank this morning and I had them do a check. There is no issue with the card itself.
I looked for a problem fixer online, and I found many people dealing with this kind of problem. Only that in my case, I have never used this credit card on any paypal account, so I don't see why it would need reseting
 I've sent a message to PayPal customer help 2 days ago and as of today, I got no reply. I even tried to reach them through a Facebook message, and nobody seemed to give a dime. There is so little information regarding what you should do in such cases, and there is so little support of the PayPal staff. I cannot call customer help, as I live in Romania and I don't know wether or not these calls cost anything. I gave them my phone number through the message. Should I expect them to call me? What is there to do in such situation? 
 Note 4: No, I cannot use "another" credit card - I just have this one.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

wanjala_moses
New Community Member

Me too..am going to try loading some money in the account then try linking again to see if it works out.

Login to Me Too

miloshija
New Community Member

I have Visa Card and I'm from Eastern Europe and ofcourse I have the same issue as dude from Romania! 😄

Login to Me Too

net2money
Contributor
Contributor

I am from morocco and i have the same problem

Login to Me Too

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

If it says that your credit card can't be linked, MAKE SURE you have AT LEAST 3 euros on it. Paypal will take a small fee for their services (???) from your credit card. If your card is empty, the account will not be linked.

Login to Me Too

jsin65
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot for this. Now I know what solution to look for.

Login to Me Too

pdemaers

My card as an available balance of over 2000 euro and I still get the "This card is not accepted. Please use a different card." error. Went to the bank yesterday and card is fine. It does work for other online purchases using the card directly. This is a major showstopper for using PayPal as a viable payment method for me.

Login to Me Too

mohamed01

salam 5oya wach lgiti l7le l mochkil ta3 ta ana 3ndi nfss lmochkil ana dayr BMCE (:

@net2money wrote:

I am from morocco and i have the same problem

Login to Me Too

Leka78
Contributor
Contributor

Rly guys put 2 euros and card will be accepted. Work for my card. I am for Serbia.

Login to Me Too

Stefmil
New Community Member

U kojoj banci imas racun? J imam kartice iz OTP i iy Komercijalne banke i ni jedna ne funkcionise.

Login to Me Too

JossiasMiguel
New Community Member

I have got the same problem, and im from Mozambique plz someone can help me to solve it???

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.