"This card is not accepted. Please use a different card."

andreeadanaila
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I have sent this message to customer help but I seem to get no response and it's been two days already.
The problem: I can't link my MasterCard credit card to PayPal, as I get the error: This card is not accepted. Please use a different card.
Notes: I have received this credit card LAST YEAR, and I have not used it on ANY other PayPal accounts, nor has anybody had access to it.
Note2: I have deleted my old account, hoping that this would solve anything?? -no credit card was EVER linked on it- I reopened the account, with the same e-mail, same phone number, and I still receive the same error when I try to link my card.
Note3: I visited my credit card bank this morning and I had them do a check. There is no issue with the card itself.
I looked for a problem fixer online, and I found many people dealing with this kind of problem. Only that in my case, I have never used this credit card on any paypal account, so I don't see why it would need reseting
 I've sent a message to PayPal customer help 2 days ago and as of today, I got no reply. I even tried to reach them through a Facebook message, and nobody seemed to give a dime. There is so little information regarding what you should do in such cases, and there is so little support of the PayPal staff. I cannot call customer help, as I live in Romania and I don't know wether or not these calls cost anything. I gave them my phone number through the message. Should I expect them to call me? What is there to do in such situation? 
 Note 4: No, I cannot use "another" credit card - I just have this one.

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal would not work in some African countries if you use a MC card,they have a different protocol than the rest of the world,try a VISA instead

Login to Me Too

Jorgis99
New Community Member

Thank you so much!!

Login to Me Too

Dankest312

I live in Serbia, i have master and Visa card. Master Debit and Visa + Credit card

Non of it works, i can't add, please help, i need to withdraw as soon as possible...

Login to Me Too

2pacc
New Community Member

I have 2euros in my account but I can't link my card, why? 

Login to Me Too

zardozzz
New Community Member

Yes, you need to have a certain balance in your credit card account - not quite sure how much.

Its unacceptable that a business the size of Paypal cannot incorporate proper error messaging into its IT systems. As a retired IT executive with almost 40 years experience in large corporate systems development, let me state quite clearly that the IT leadership for Paypal is simply not doing their job. There is no other way of putting it.

Login to Me Too

ynarayan

I have money on my card but it still doesn't work. 

Login to Me Too

dream_biz

I have several other cards, but this MasterCard is the one with a credit balance on it that I want to use.  It has quite a bit of money on it so the 'solution' of making sure there is a positive balance with a few euros on it is not the answer.

And now due to the pandemic there is not even any phone support.  Ridiculous.

Login to Me Too

Smokedog
I have a visa/debit card and it just started doing same thing to me
Login to Me Too

Abeid
Contributor
Contributor
am using a visa card and I face the same problem in kenya please help
Login to Me Too

qutilta
New Community Member

Yeah bro me too. I'm from Kenya and i'm using visa electron and i get that same message. It really sucks esp if there's no alternative to paypal to buy online stuff.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.