"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." When converting currency

DonnyOnigiri
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am just trying to convert currency from USD to my local currency. I keep getting this error message ""Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later." and it wouldn't let me convert my money. I only have a personal account. Thank you to anyone who sees this

paypal.png

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

louisandriaaan
New Community Member

Hi,

I am trying to convert my balance right now to Philippine Peso but it is not going through. A prompt saying that "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later." Why is this happening? And when will it get fixed?

Login to Me Too

MyloCat20
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Such a mess. I've been working for a company out of England. I'm in the U.S. Last week, I had no issue transferring my pay from GBP to US dollars. This week, there is no icon for me to transfer the funds. I called Paypal 2 times today and each time, I was hung up on. I did get enough info, that I was told "I'm" the one that has to convert the money. Not true, it worked smooth as butter last week. Agent told me to go into "Wallet" and change my conversion rate. Not possible, I don't have links in "Wallet" to do that. He then said, "I have it figured out, give me one moment" and then disconnected me. I still have no pay for the work I did. Does anyone have any information on this? I'm headed into major surgery in days. I needed this money for expenses.

Thank you so much.

Login to Me Too

jhonallyn03
Contributor
Contributor

Still having issues converting money to peso, please fix this, badly needed the money. Cannot proceed to conversion there is an error that says "We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later." 

Login to Me Too

corz_416
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, almost a week now.

corz_416_0-1619403223276.png

Paypal any help to solve the issue?

Login to Me Too

Rj95

Found a solution: in Chrome, open Paypal in an "incognito window", the currency conversion will then work smoothly.

Login to Me Too

corz_416
Contributor
Contributor

@Rj95  thank you very much for sharing the solution.  I opened using incognito and conversion went smoothly.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210429d
New Community Member
My PayPal account not in usd Cuurnacy
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210429d 

Click on your paypal wallet and add USD as a receiving currency and then make it primary.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jigsaw23
New Community Member

I have been trying to convert my USD to PHP but I am just getting this error message 'We’re sorry, things don’t appear to be working right now. Try again later.'. I tried selecting other currencies and I was still getting that same error. I also tried to link my BDO and BPI account but it's also not allowing me that the bank has been disabled. This is the first time I will be linking those accounts with a Paypal account but nothing seems to be working. Help!

Login to Me Too

Joseph77711
New Community Member

Me too. I have the same problem. I have trouble converting my US dollar currency to Philippine peso. Hope this will be resolved already Asap.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.