"The amount you requested doesn’t cover the fee. Please withdraw more money." What?

cbarrow97
New Community Member

I have been a little tight on money since moving and am almost over budget until my job starts paying me (they pay weekly but I just very recently started there after getting out of a terrible PT job). I just paid the rent for my apartment and my roommate sent me 40 dollars to cover my full payment of various bills until I get my weekly checks. However, when I attempted to transfer the funds to my bank, something I've done many times. Paypal tells me as the title says. I'm certain this is not true as it's $40.00 with a $0.40 fee, bringing it to exactly 39.60. There is NO reason I should be getting this error and I have NO other money waiting for me. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I searched the boards for it and nothing was helpful, from people talking about how it's a regional issue (despite me having done this exact type of transaction just 3 weeks ago with no problem, and it being a USA Paypal account and bank) or Paypal's "helpful" robo-assistant explaining the 1% fee. I need help or else I and my roommates will lose internet, since it's my duty to pay it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

whitsonfive
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue when transferring from PayPal to debit card. Receive the error "The amount you requested doesn’t cover the fee. Please withdraw more money." I have sufficient funds to cover the 1% fee and was entered correctly, but after 4 times, still no transfer. Must be something on PayPal's side with their system. I'm reaching out to them on their Twitter account. I'll update once I have more information.

UPDATE:

Here is the reply I received from PayPal Twitter support:

Thank you for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear about the issue you are facing while trying to withdraw the funds from your PayPal account. In this case, I would suggest please try clearing your cache and cookies or try using a different internet browser to withdraw the funds. If you are trying to withdraw through the mobile app, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if this helps to resolve the issue. If the issue still persists, please provide me a screenshot of the error message you are receiving. Also, please be sure to edit out any personal information such as the last four digits of any financial information or billing address that might appear on the screenshot. Meanwhile, I would suggest you please check if you have a bank account linked to your PayPal account. If yes, you may try withdrawing the funds to your bank account as well.

After I cleared my cookies and cache, I re-attempted the transfer and it worked. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.