"Sorry, but we need more information. Ple..." Message when trying to refund

AskatM
Contributor
Contributor

So update to my situation here 

I've opened two visa cards(not mastercard) in the local banks and both successfully linked and approved on my account.

However i've encountered a new problem - when trying to withdraw money i keep getting the same message over and over again:

"Sorry, but we need more information. Please contact Customer Service for assistance."

I've contacted PP customer service on twitter and they advised to stay away from logging in for 48 hours and i followed this.

But it didn't really help as i keep getting the "Sorry..." message.

I then tried to call support by phone and wasted all my balance on a bot(been waiting to be connected to the real person for 40 minutes).

So now i have no clue how can i resolve this. If i could share any needed information, be it social ID or photos of cards i would do it.

I work as a freelancer and relying on the money i get from clients and now my family is struggling because i can't withdraw the money i've worked hard for.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @AskatM,

Thank you for your update. As mentioned before, the best option would be to contact us directly. You can call us via Skype (Skype credit) or another internet calling service.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_paula

Hi AskatM, 

This sounds frustrating and like it is our internal security system stopping your withdrawal. Our internal security system reviews every payment and can often stop a payment if it deems there may be a risk. The advice you were given is correct as generally if you wait 24-48 hours and try again it will work. If you are still having issues you could try contacting us via email as this would not use your credit in calling. 

Thanks for your post, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

AskatM
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Paula, thank you for the answer.

So i've been waiting for 72 hours(~80hrs) and nothing changed- message and inabilty to withdraw money is still there.

Now i think about ways to contact your phone customer service by Skype or Hangouts or any other software.

If that won't help i guess i have to refuse to continue using PayPal, which is a massive bummer because it worked like a charm before.

Time to go forward i guess.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Cristina

Hi @AskatM,

Thank you for your update. As mentioned before, the best option would be to contact us directly. You can call us via Skype (Skype credit) or another internet calling service.

I hope this helps.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

AskatM
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that was the solution.

I downloaded skype on phone, used a free plan - 1 month of calls to USA

and contacted your phone customer service.

We've solved this issue, finally.

So for everyone who have the same problem - just call PayPal's phone customer service, they will help you like they helped me.

And thanks to Paula and Cristina for the support!

Login to Me Too

avgenyaleonteva
Contributor
Contributor

If you do not speak English, then you are unlikely to get your money ... I'm sorry ....
I can’t get my money for 1.5 years ...

Login to Me Too

STARSsoft
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. Tell me, did you solve this problem with the message "Sorry, but we need more information. Please contact Customer Service for assistance."? I am also from Kazakhstan and this message also popped up when I tried to withdraw money. Sitting and thinking what to do?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.