"Please add a payment option" Error despite having connected a bank just recently

PatG2
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I cannot send money to anyone despite having connected a bank just a few days ago.

To get two of the more obvious questions out of the way:

1. Yes, I have received and entered the code.

2. Yes, I have more than enough money on my bank.

If I keep getting this error despite having done nothing wrong, I will be switching services!

PS: I would attach images to prove my claim, but that also gives me an error.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rich

Hello PatG2,

Thanks for posting in the PayPal Community forums for help with this issue. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time completing this payment. That is understandably frustrating. When sending a payment using a linked bank account, our system may decline if the risk is too high. Payments sent using a bank go through the ACH system, which is much slower than a debit or credit card payment and would either be sent as an eCheck or as an instant payment. An instant payment is when PayPal will pay the recipient on your behalf and wait for your bank to pay PayPal back. Payments made with a bank are more likely to complete if you have a confirmed backup funding source. This way, the payment may be processed but if it fails, your backup funding source can be used to fund the transaction if necessary. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.