"Get a Check By Mail" Feature Not Working

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to withdraw funds from my account via check on 4-23-20. The "Get a Check By Mail" link (Paypal.com/wdcheck) is directing me back to the Summary page. I have done this many times and  after trying to explain to the live help assistant for an hour there was a problem on PayPal's end I was told:
"It seems like our security system is checking on your attempt to request a check. You may try to do it again after 24-48 hours. However there is no assurance that it will go through by then because our security check procedure doesn't have a specific timeline."
Is anyone else experiencing problems getting PayPal to issue a check?

How am I supposed to get my money when I don't want my account tied to my bank and I don't want a PayPal Cash Plus account?

Login to Me Too
50 REPLIES 50

Temp20210220g
Contributor
Contributor

I also couldn't get my balance mailed to me.  I just got redirected back to the summary page, too.  Customer service says, "The problem isn't in our end."  Clearly, not on this continent.  Refused to pass me on to someone who could help.  

Login to Me Too

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for chiming in. With two of us having the same issue, it sounds like the problem is on PayPal's end.

This reply from Paypal_Michael Moderator in a thread about not being able to withdraw funds to a charge card may be relevant:

(From "I can't withdraw my funds" Jun-14-2019)

Situations like this usually resolve themselves after 24-48 hours, but it also often helps to log out of everything on your computer, delete the cookies and temporary internet files, and re-start your system before trying again after waiting at least 24 hours.

Please also make only one attempt to complete an action like a withdrawal, and please be sure to log on from a secure network as well."

I asked the on-line help assistant for a case number, but with PayPal's phone customer service being down because of the Coronavirus I'm not sure where to go from here besides "waiting." I am extremely disturbed I cannot get access to my money or talk to anyone who can or is willing to help me.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210220g
Contributor
Contributor

I did a little more research and found many people are having this same problem starting as early as April 17th.  Good luck.

Login to Me Too

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your checking. Do you have any suggestions on how to proceed? I am a community newbie so I am not sure if it would be appropriate to cross post in the My Money forum?

Login to Me Too

iamsweeded
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I think that the last time I had a check mailed to me successfully was last month.  Hopefully this will get resolved at some point soon. 

Login to Me Too

NoLuck
Contributor
Contributor

I just checked my records and had no problem when I requested a check on April 2. so the problem has come up in the last 3 weeks.

Login to Me Too

labonapitt
Contributor
Contributor
I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR 1 MONTH, NO RESOLUTION, PAYPAL YOU ARE THEIVES AND YOU WILL SUFFER MAYBE NOT IN THIS LIFE BUT YOU WILL GET YOURS
Login to Me Too

Samthedog1
Contributor
Contributor

I have had the same issue here in November of 2020. The CS agent said it was a browser issue, to enter a new address, to confirm my address, to confirm my CC. All of which I did. They also want me to enter a bank account, which I won't do, or to purchase a PayPal credit product, which I won't do. Off of the Summary page all it does it when I hit the Accept the Money button, is take me to the page where it says to send a check and then it tells me that the Transfer cannot be completed now, try back in 1-2 hours. Each time for 5 days now no luck, and no luck with the CS agent named Rezmar. You should not have to link a bank account to get money from your own account after you have logged in with your ID and PW and then verified your name, address, CC # and all!

Login to Me Too

AmericaRocks

I have just tried in the past 5 days, link a bank account, didn't work! Tried to get a check by mail, didn't work! I just made an awesome sale, I cant even get a dollar of my money in any way, super frustrating! Spent 6 hours of my life on messenger having someone tell me to get a new debit card at the bank, and get a new account number! GRRR!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.