pending withdrawel

kaiisaacs1983
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, yesterday i made two withdrawals and i rang paypal to ask how long until would be released as both are pending. i was told "24" hours. This time has passed and i have had no emails from paypal telling me i have a security check on my withdrawals. so what is going on and when will thy go from pending to complete? I was lied to by Paypal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaiisaacs1983

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaiisaacs1983

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the U.K.
https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kaiisaacs1983
Contributor
Contributor

Yet another way to earn more money from you... jheeez. ill be closing my account as soon as i get the money out. thank you

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaiisaacs1983

Err how would I earn money.........LOL

And...........your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kaiisaacs1983
Contributor
Contributor

I didnt mean you. I mean paypal. earning interest on money holding it for days on end

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaiisaacs1983

Yeah? That doesn't happen either but we won't go into that, hope you get it soon.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kaiisaacs1983
Contributor
Contributor

I can bet my life and my business on it that it does happen. read the small print. every bank earns interest for every 24 hours money is in the bank. thats how they get rich!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kaiisaacs1983

When someone pays you its never instant > paypal CREDITS you the funds upfront and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your buyers funding source ie bank or card.

Thats why we get confused buyers on here stating there items is on the way but the funds are still in there bank account.

So when you are going to withdraw those funds they are paypals funds you are withdrawing and 'sometimes' they slow that withdrawal down of THEIR CREDITED FUNDS to allow the buyers payment transfer to play catch up.

So if paypal are getting interest on the held funds then its THEIR OWN funds they are getting interest on.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

iurvit76
I have about the same problem. 29.12 I sent money from China and until 31.12 paypal keeps the money pending, although it is written in detail that it is up to 24 hours. I have not received any letters and recommendations from paypal. I will later think about closing the account!
Login to Me Too

knoxy2k9
Contributor
Contributor
I waiting for £80.00 got told today have to wait 72 hours and my other withdrawel is only for five pounds and it 72 hours just for a fiver
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.