pending transaction

layayarosario1
New Community Member

i have a transaction of $250 dollars, it has been pending for about 4 hours now which is ridiculous because is not even that much money. I want to cancel it but it wont let me. i tried contacting paypal all possible ways, not answer. all it says is that paypal cant cancel it which is ridiculous because its a Paypal transaction.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@layayarosario1 

You can only cancel a pending payment if its gone to a non existent email address and has a cancel option as the payment can't ever complete.

If its gone to an email address that does exist but not yet linked to a paypal account then as long as its not claimed by that email address (by them setting up a paypal account) then it will be time out 30 days post payment.

If its pending awaiting authorisation to a company then you ask the company to cancel your order and not to capture the pending payment...then again it will time out 30 days post payment.

If its a pending echeque then once its cleared you can ask the seller to refund it back to you as you can't cancel a pending echeque.

Lastly if it completes then you can open a dispute for non receipt of item OR not as described (for more info read buyer protection).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.