pending payment

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor

i send a girl some money to buy some things and its pending in her account

shes already sold the thing i bought to someone else and was wondering if i can cancel that pending transactions on my side my any chance (the buyer)

i would call paypal but their call centres are currently closed due to corona 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jazz23 

Pending on your paypal account?

Pending on the sellers paypal account?

Pending on both paypal accounts?

Is there a clearance date on your account?

If not pending what does it say next to the transaction in your account, payment or sent?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor

pending on her side but the money has already come out of my account

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jazz23 

Again is it pending on your paypal account?

If not pending what does it say next to the transaction in your account, payment or sent?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor
no it’s not pending on my side the money has been approved to be in her account it’s left my account and it’s got the green +95 next to it
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jazz23 

If its marked as completed in your Paypal account then you have paid. The fact its pending on the SELLERS end is between them and paypal as they are new sellers.
Funds are held for 21 days BUT released more quickly if they provide a tracking number (delivery + 1 day).

Tell them that if they refuse to send or refund then you would have to file a dispute for 'non receipt of item' and that would impact on their paypal account as they are such new sellers and the time the 'new seller hold' lasts would be extended OR they may not be allowed to sell at all.

Send them this link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/brc/article/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor
no unfortunately still not responded and the seller is refusing to respond to all my messages is a pending payment different to a hold ? i heard that of pending payment haven’t been completed it will automatically cancel the payment and i’ll get refunded ? i tried to dispute it but i paid via friends and family and paypal did not cover that
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jazz23 

If you paid via family / friends then its no wonder the 'seller' is ignoring you, you did not say it was a friends /family payment.

That is completely different.................

A friends / family (or gift payment) is intended as a transfer of funds from family or friends to one another. For this reason, there is no processing fee when payment is made with bank or PayPal balance.
However as it is a gift payment, there is also no Buyer protection as no goods or services should have been exchanged.

If he was not a close mate or family member you should never use that option as it enables the seller to evade paying his paypal fees and negates your buyer protection at the same time.
You would also not be able to open a dispute apart from one citing an unauthorised transaction but that would be automatically closed as you did authorise the initial payment.

Be careful as using that option for purchasing goods is against Paypal rules and can lead to account limitation.

If you funded your paypal payment via a credit card then contact your card issuer and see if they will help you but unfortunately they may decline as well as it was a gift payment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor
do you know the maximum amount of time a payment can be pending for ? does it just expired after 21 days like a payment on hold and gets put into the sellers account . or does it expire after 21 days and get refunded into my account ?!?
Login to Me Too

jazz23
Contributor
Contributor
also really odd but the money never came out of my bank statements but it defiantly came out of my paypal balance so i can’t issue a charge back with my bank ??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.