paypal withdrawal delays

whattheflip
Contributor
Contributor

i posted message last night regarding withdrawing money from paypal account to personal account, message appears and states can take up  to 2 hours ,I waited approx 4 hours and checked paypal account,it shows as transaction is completed to my personal account ,checked my account money not there ,after leaving it 24hrs i checked again still not there,I then rang customer services to be told ,that due to an update being carried out that my payment can now take up to 72hrs now, i asked why is it saying completed if its not ,she couldnt answer that,i said id already waited 14 days for payment due to hold,Because buyer asked me to delay posting item cos she wouldnt be there ,I really do believe updates a crock of crap otherwise it would be across the board but it isnt ,they ask you to do this and do that to remove pending status which i did 100% feedback  posted immediately and all the rest they ask, so WHY! 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whattheflip

Withdrawals are 2-72 hours in the UK, they don't need to post anything as it states that in this link and is the norm.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-withdrawal-on-hold-faq2990/2

As for being marked as completed, that just means they have completed your request to send the funds to your bank account, not that it is actually there yet.

Just like when you get a credit card refund, its marked as completed in your paypal account but takes a few more days to hit your card statement.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

whattheflip
Contributor
Contributor

so why is it saying up to 2 hours and when i rang was told it was because of an update ,also all other times it says pending ,then says completed when its gone to my account ,im not posting this message to you personally, you sent me the same link yesterday and i will post what questions i like as you dont own this site like you think you do , i posted question to see if anyone else has had same problem as me  

Login to Me Too

whattheflip
Contributor
Contributor

And this is what pay pal say about this matter 

Why does my withdrawal status show 'Complete', but the money isn’t in my bank account?

If the money you withdrew doesn't appear on your bank account within 1 to 2 business days, your bank may have encountered a problem during processing.

Check with your bank that all the completed bank details are up to date. If necessary,remove your bank account then add it again with the correct details.

Also make sure that your bank account allows electronic transfers and that it is in the currency of your country of residence.

If the money still doesn't appear after 14 business days, contact us and we'll do a search.

not what you replied 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@whattheflip

Correct 1-2 days AFTER being marked as completed, that would still be within the 2-72 hours it takes to go from pending to hitting your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BrandonDavis

I think you have to wait until Paypal get some new money in from new customers ...

Basically they do not always have enough money to pay every body ...

So you just have to wait your turn ...

I have looked into this in detail ...

And it is the only explanation i have heard that makes sense to me ...

Login to Me Too

dkeefe

Yes, banks can take a couple days to post the money, but that isn't the issue.  The issue is the 14 day hold encountered from PayPal sitting on the money.  They did the same thing, and demanded documentation from me about the sale, showing that the package had been delivered (even though they could have gotten this info from eBay since they had it), and demanding documentation on the source for the goods sold.  None of this is any of their business, they are not party to the sale, they are simple the 'money transmitter' between eBay and myself.  Even after the delay was over and they cleared the money for withdraw, and after I requested the transfer, they then put a secret 72-hour "review" on the transaction, never told me about it.  I called, but they could give no reason for the review period, but suggested that maybe the money was a larger amount than I transferred in the past.  I reminded them that they are just the money transmitter between eBay and myself, and that eBay asked them to transmit this amount to me, it's not within PayPal's purview to decide if the transaction is okay, or too large, their scope is to transmit the money as requested by the payor to the payee.  They then used the same argument you are using, about banking delays, which is nonsense.  I'm not complaining about the time the bank needs, I'm talking about the almost three weeks that PayPal created PRIOR to ever sending the money to the bank, with no valid explanations.

Login to Me Too

Moagly1
New Community Member
Same issues for me. This is the third time on the same transaction/eBay item sale that PayPal is holding my money for review. As with you, I got a secret 72hr hold on the withdrawal amount, after already being on hold for other reasons. But when checking my account again, it says the expected date the transaction will be completed is in 8 days. This has nothing to do with my bank. And PayPal has no issues taking money from my account.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.