paypal keep asking me to send an e-transfer to buyer...

DenisB76
Contributor
Contributor

i got this email: 

We encounter little problem while crediting your PayPal account. You have a pending payment of $550.00 USD but we have a problem crediting your account with that amount because the status of your PayPal account is not a business user which makes your account has limit and this amount seems to be above your limit, this will not make us credit your account until you expand your limit.

You have to take this urgent step to expand your Limit.

Contact the last payer of your account XXXXX to send in an additional payment of $600.00 USD so that your account limit can expand and as soon as this is done, we will credit fully into your PayPal account the total sum of $1,250.00 USD . Including a compensation of $100.00 USD from the PayPal Team.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi @DenisB76,

Based on what you've described, that definitely sounds like a fake email. I wouldn't send any information or money in relation to that person, or click any links in that email. You can find more information on fraudulent emails here. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

DenisB76
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, it is a scam. I reported it to the police and got my money back.

thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.