payments to paypal

bobbyjr1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Does anyone know why when being paid by Ebay buyers,their money goes directly into my banks checking account. Shipping comes out of my banks checking as well. It use to go into my PayPal account and stay there until I transfred it. Regards, Bob

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

TheBearJew
Contributor
Contributor

Hello bobbyjr1,

Is this a new account you created? 

If so,

Do you have an option in PayPal to accept a payment or is it just automatically sending to your bank account?

Also, another thing to consider is your Paypal settings or Paypal subscription settings (I am not sure what kind of agreement your eBay account set up with Paypal). I do know that there are times when I set up accounts using Paypal as a payment source something will ask me what my preferred way of sending or receiving payment is. It'll usually be Bank, PayPal balance, debit card, etc...

Login to Me Too

bobbyjr1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you,I'll look into it. I've had PP for years. Just started happening. It had something to do with ebay and PP kind of parting ways. Regards Bob
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bobbyjr1 

I think because you haven't set up a paypal cash account to hold funds in your balance as per link, so any funds go straight to your bank account.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-can-i-do-with-my-personal-paypal-account,-paypal-ca...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.