payments on hold for more than 7 days

Emma254
Contributor
Contributor

i received my payment for invoice on the 2nd of april, the money has been on hold ever since and i was to get it within seven days,its now nine days...why is it on hold for this long,i need to use the money ...please help me out

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nspace
Contributor
Contributor

I recommend you search this forum for similar questions. I share your exact problem. The system says 7 days but acts otherwise...
I have found two different answers.

*First, this one:

@Damian007 

With payments received for tangible goods Paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the item has been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for an item that was collected then no tracking number is applicable and Paypal would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

If you mark the transaction as processed then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 
If not then sadly its 21 days.

*And Secondly, these instructions to follow:

@hoffman87 

Ask the buyer to confirm receipt on their end of the PayPal transaction:

Here's how to confirm you've received an item:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Hope it helps

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.