payment with on hold status

denise_i
Contributor
Contributor

hi 

I am a new paypal user. the first payment to me was put on-hold by paypal as it said i need to comply to the ff requirements:

• Complete 5 transaction(s) smoothly (no sender's disputes, claims or returns)
  • Receive at least $100.00 USD in payments for goods and services.
  • Maintain your PayPal account in good standing for at least 60 day(s)."

Are all these requirements concurrent with each other? Meaning, what if I managed to comply to the 1st and 2nd requirements and not the 3rd yet, will this still keep my payment on an 'on-hold' status?

the first two requirements can happen much less than 60 days, even less than 30 days. so it's fine. i'm just conscious about the 3rd requirement since 60 days is a rather long wait.

would you know of other ways that might help lift my on hold status, without the 60-day waiting period happening?

thank you in advance

denise

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@denise_i 

Guess you didn't read all of that paragraph.

Once you’ve fulfilled all the 3 criteria below and become an established seller with us, you should be able to withdraw your money. The criteria may vary for eBay sellers. Log in to your account to view your country-specific criteria.

• Complete a minimum of 5 transactions;
  • Transactions amounting to US$100; and
  • Be a PayPal merchant for at least 60 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

denise_i
Contributor
Contributor

hi kernowlass

thanks so much for your advice and the link. unfortunately, its verbatim was a little bit different from the email I received (below), which did not specify 'all', hence my query to be doubly-sure:

As shared when you first signed up for your PayPal account, we strive to create a safer payment environment built upon trust between sellers and buyers. For the next few payments you receive through PayPal, the payments may be temporarily held for up to 21 days. Once you've met the requirements below, your future payments will usually be available to you within 24 hours: 

• Complete 5 transaction(s) smoothly (no sender's disputes, claims or returns).
  • Receive at least $100.00 USD in payments for goods and services.

appreciate much,

denise

• Maintain your PayPal account in good standing for at least 60 day(s).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@denise_i 

Yes but even then it says 'met the requirements' it doesn't say met 'some' or 2 of the requirements?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

denise_i
Contributor
Contributor

ok thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.