Contributor

why is my payment on hold or pending

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

saj0918
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I would like to share with you the solution for my held payment for a service. Below is the response from the customer service chat assistant.

The reason why the funds are on hold is that the options used to send you the payment is through "Payment for Goods or Services", this may also be of a higher than average risk associated with this payment. As long as there are no problems with the transactions, you’ll have the money within 21 days or less. Typically, you’ll have access to your pending payment after:

•21 calendar days maximum

•(with the shipment) 24 hours after PayPal confirmed delivery if shipped with UPS, USPS, FedEx, Airborne Express, DHL, Asendia, DTDC, Ensenda, Fastway, Globegistics, Ontrac, Purolator, RLCarriers, RRDonelly, Sendle or Startrack. So you need to upload the tracking details if shipped with the listed courier.

If this is a service and does not require any shipment information that needs to be updated on the transaction and needed the funds to be available right away instead of waiting for 21 days from the payment date, you may advise the buyer to click on the "Confirm Receipt" tab on the payment they sent you. They need to log in using a computer or a mobile browser(not an app), to make sure this option is available. Please be assured your payment will be released automatically once the sender/buyer does the steps completely.

I asked if it is okay to use the status "on the process" or the "shipped status" (make sure to tick the box "no tracking number is required" and they answered,

Yes, it is okay to use any status.

After the sender confirms the receipt, the money will be immediately posted on your account.

I advised the client to do the confirm receipt and my money was lifted from the held status the right after they did.

Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Jhonamaica04
New Community Member

Hi. I transfer money as my payment. And its already past 5days ago, they delivered me the Item manually. And I don't know how to confirm it to PayPal cause there's no label to confirm it on my Activity even thou how many times I've checked it. The seller is asking me now for the payment. Why it takes too long to hold our payment? It really gets disappointed me. Maybe this will be the last time that I will use this Paypal to send money. 

Login to Me Too

halasmar

can anyone confirm whether this works or not?

Login to Me Too

KRICKET1212
New Community Member
My money has been on hold cuz my account in older elderly woman who can't see well she was helping me pay for my rent and send me money paying for an item which there was never no item and now my aunt doesn't want anything to do with paypal so iam living in the streets and have no place to live due to i was short on rent. Due to paypal holding my money
Login to Me Too

balifrancophone
Contributor
Contributor
Same as me, got help from friend via Paypal. Even sender write a note help for family, she does not know what to do. Lived on the street since status on hold 4 days already now. Not sure when is available. 21 days + local bank 30 days = hell for sure.
Login to Me Too

Owenwint212
New Community Member
I have the same problem I was send money to my friend and it still pending but I got charged for it up to £60 when I only sent him £30 Need help
Login to Me Too

Debkirnon
New Community Member
I’ve never seen a more incompetent Or unprofessional company has PayPal you cannot even talk to a live human being my money has been held on hold for over 21 days for supposedly items sold or bought when it was sent to me by a family member for an emergency purposes not for ANYTHING for sale
Login to Me Too

jawnito
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed. I'v been **bleep** beyond belief by Paypal, as I just made my first transaction. I provided shipping numbers from the commencement, abided by all of their guidelines and have complete customer satisfaction, yet I've had $500+ on hold now for the past week. Have tried to contact an an agent via their customer service line and have only been disconnected. Their chat support only answers once every two days at 5am, which makes it impossible to have a proper conversation. Ridiculously disappointed by Paypal- I thought they were the top dog in terms of EMT platforms but it's clear that they are one of the worst (in terms of functionality and customer service). Customer service chat is also so oblivious that they thought I was using USPS when I live in Canada and so does my customer. WAKE UP PAYPAL.

Login to Me Too

Kelost

Friend has sent me 90euro 2 days ago and this money are still on pending for no reason. What can i do with it?
Transaction ID7J534623DS442200J

Login to Me Too

Hamza241
Contributor
Contributor

guys a friend sent me money on PayPal for like 3 days ago and it still says on hold but when I updated my shipment information they say You have successfully updated shipment information. You’ll get your money within 1 day of delivery. but its been 3 days sens that and the money is still on hold

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.