Contributor
Contributor

why is my payment on hold or pending

Login to Me Too
122 REPLIES 122

vand123
Contributor
Contributor

I am now at my 3rd payment hold after sending money and I am sick of this. 2 payments to someone I've bought from for almost a decade had 24 hour holds for no reason in the past month. A $13 payment to a retailer in China is now on a random 72-hour hold. I'm beginning to feel my account is randomly flagged as "suspicious" for no reason whatsoever and if this continues I will have to find an alternate payment processor to send money or buy online. These holds are UNACCEPTABLE! Contacting customer service does no good because they either fail to reply or send a form letter. If I can't reliably send money in a timely manner I can not make online purchases which means I have no use for this account. Their customer service regarding this has been woefully unacceptable. They can provide solid answers, not vague reasons that leave us hanging.

Login to Me Too

Snitchy1989
Contributor
Contributor

Holding money IS illegal, How they havent been done for it yet, is beyond me..
It isnt their money to hold.... They are just the middlemen between buyer and seller..
The law states, like any sale.... You are to receive money from the sale, before the buyer is given the item. Same as buying anything, food from shops, cars etc... You dont get the item until you pay the money first.... Receiving an item without receiving money, is legally classed as theft... 
As they are forcing your to give the item before receiving the money.. 
So technically paypal is contributing to theft...  

Paypal is a disgusting excuse for a "business".... To the point, i rarely sell on ebay now, simply because i dont want to deal with the hassle of paypal.
I only sell on ebay if im unable to sell elsewhere.. 
I stick to Purchasing only now... 
There are many different electronic payment services now... Id recommend going elsewhere, Thats what i am slowly doing.. 
Only using paypal when im unable to use other sources.... 

Login to Me Too

Chicco2
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t understand why money should be on hold yet PayPal is taking away there charges , then the rest of the money they put on hold ..... to me it’s not logic becouse I dint order anything from eBay
Login to Me Too

Selene1111
I have the same problem maybe my money have been stollen from PayPal there are on hold more than 2 weeks and they don't answer in messages.I recommend to talk with your bank or a loyer. I will stop use this application.
Login to Me Too

James041
Contributor
Contributor
Fortunately, you have customer care, we don't even have that also. We are in the bild box. Don't now what is happening or what will next? Nope nothing. There are some generic rules written out there. Wait for 21 days. 😞
Login to Me Too

cherylekaysmith
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, it's been over a month and a half now and money received is still PENDING, why???? How can this be????
Login to Me Too

krynja
Contributor
Contributor

The money (~$800) sent to me on June 25. Today is Jul 12. Still on freaking hold!!!! My PP acc is verified and I have provided my passport photocopy and bank statement. However freaking PayPay STILL HOLDS MY MONEY for this long!!! And charging for this $35! What the hell is going on, PayPal? You're not really a pal by providing a such crappy service

Login to Me Too

Cupfeecut
Contributor
Contributor

did you get your money already?

Login to Me Too

Mara199x
Contributor
Contributor

My fund is also on hold. I don't know what is going on! It really is confusing. 

I am a new user and Paypal is making me wait for 21 freaking days or may take up to 60 days!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Mommyof433
Same here..i have some payments that are being held and some are not.. Some are released as soon as the person recieves package. Only have 11 days left on my 60 days and i hope and pray that its all okay after that. Im so confused.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.