payment for an item i sold didn't arrive in my bank

Mark1518
New Community Member

I sold an item and he sent me the money through PayPal. All good so far. I deposited the money into my account. Easy!! I received a notice that the money would show up in a few days. No problem. Several weeks later I notice that the money still hadn't arrived so I contacted PayPal and they said it had been deposited to an account ending in some random 4 numbers. I don't have any accounts ending in those 4 numbers. They asked me to contact my bank and sort it out with them. The banks like "you don't even have an account ending in those numbers". Called back to PayPal and they traced the deposit which they say shows the money was delivered to a different random 4 numbers. Sooooo I called my bank again and got the Same responce..."you don't have an account with those numbers". So now I'm calling PayPal again to investigate further and after I get the automated operator saying that they recognize my phone number and I go into the que, I get disconnected. Where do I go from here? What's my next course of action?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.