payment Hold Issues Documentation Needed

wilmafingerdo
Contributor
Contributor

Payments sent to me being held up for 10-15 days. Requiring me to send in ridiculous documentation.   Anyone had this happen? Nobody seems to be able to help when this happens as there is not anyone you can talk to over the phone; its "special department".

I have had paypal for a long time and the worst part is that they will accept the transaction but then as soon as it hits your account, its automatically placed on hold for 5 minutes to 10 years.  They wanted to see the invoices from my distributors before they would release the funds.

This is so frustrating!

Anyone ever have this same problem and best way to deal with it?

-Wilma

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Tommy

Hi, wilmafingerdo,

I'm sorry that your payments are placed on hold.

You can view more information on our payment holds via this link https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-and-when-will-it-be-available-.... Due to security and privacy concerns, we can't take direct action on a PayPal case over social media. In this situation, the best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care department. You can do this by going to the ‘Contact Us’ link at the bottom of every PayPal page.

You will then see what contact options are available to you.

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

wilmafingerdo
Contributor
Contributor

We are SO disappointed by how when receiving payments via PayPal.  Its an absolute disaster.  We are moving away from paypal as one of our payment types and using ACH as there are no fees and only 1 day to get the money.  If there are issues with a payment hold, you get passed around endlessly.  Time on hold is just unacceptable.  I waited over 4 hours to try to talk to someone then once I did get ahold of someone, they just gave me the run-around.  20+ days to get your funds and no recourse for a delay, paypal doesn't care about its customers, only about the money it can earn.

Screenshot_20210520-153221.png

Login to Me Too

wilmafingerdo
Contributor
Contributor

I did ALL of those things, the hold was placed because it was a video card (so they said) PayPal DEMANDED me show the invoice from my distributor to release the funds.  Plus the hold time to talk to someone was terrible!

It took long time to get my money.  Me and the customer who I sold the items to were very upset about how PayPal handles things.

Screenshot_20210520-153221.png

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.