non-risky purchase

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

what is the best method here to minimize and/or create a total risk-free (online) purchase from unknown supplier/seller?

can a payment be held and not delivered until the goods arrives at the agreed quantity/quality?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi odiodi,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You cannot request a payment is held until the goods are delivered to you. PayPal offers Buyer Protection to customers who check out through their PayPal account.  If youpurchase an item and do not receive it you can open an "item not received" dispute on PayPal. There are certain criteria to be eligible for the Buyer Protection Policy and more information on this can be found here -  https://goo.gl/ljeUiS

- Siobhan                     

Login to Me Too

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

"item not received" dispute: 1. is this refer also to items received but in wrong quality? 2. how/who will judge if seller or buyer telling the true? 3. if the payment was already done/received to seller- how can u guaranty the pay back once it is confirmed the buyer was right?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

If you receive an item and it is the wrong quality then you will need to open an "item not as described" dispute. Information will be requested by both the buyer and seller to validate the disputes such as tracking information from the seller if a dispute is opened for an item not received. The tracking information will confirm if the item was received or not so although the disputes are manually reviewed by an agent, factual evidence is used to determine the outcome of the dispute.

When a dispute is opened on PayPal the funds are placed on hold in the seller's account pending the outcome of the case. If the dispute is found in the buyer's favour a refund is issued from the held funds. If the dispute is found in the seller's favour the funds are released back into their account. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

nice words but unfortunately too theoretical:

1. The tracking information will confirm if the item was received or not: the seller may present a "sending document" but nothing was actually arriving to the buyer...than what? and if arriving in different quality than promised?

2. factual evidence is used to determine the outcome of the dispute: the case is a purchase of a laptop on WILLHABEN website. after the payment was made (arriving to seller) he sends some machine which is not what was ordered since the specs are different and/or lower quality. which factual evidence will serve here? will u come to me to examine the received machine??

3. When a dispute is opened on PayPal the funds are placed on hold in the seller's account: that is fr too late, no?? he will get the money (out of his account) even before he went to the post office. when i may open the dispute it is MUCH after he got his money in his pocket!

that's reality....!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

1. The tracking information will confirm that the item has been delivered and signed for by the buyer. This is evidence that item was received. As previously mentioned, if you receive the item and is not as described you will need to open a not as described for this.

2. No, we will not visit you to examine the machine. We will review the listing of the machine on the seller's website along with the photo evidence you supply of the machine. If there are any inconsistencies, this is the information that is reviewed.

3. No, it is not too late as buyer's have 180 days to open a dispute on PayPal. We cannot hold a seller's money for 180 days but we can issue a refund from a seller's account if a dispute is in the buyer's favour.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

1. We will review the listing of the machine on the seller's website: you cannot. after they sell it they take it down immediately from the online info. there is no track what he advertised there many days ago.

2.the photo evidence you supply of the machine: we r talking about specs of internal installed parts and software! what can a machine-photo show about all these???

3. issue a refund from a seller's account: yes...if he left there any money...mainly those lovely scammer ones...right?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

duplicate thread.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

NON (!) duplicate thread.!! READ WELL! ever-thing i wrote is new.  i really prefer an answer from the moderator. tnks.

Login to Me Too

odiodi
Contributor
Contributor

dear moderator: pls see my answer from yesterday. looking forward.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.