no routing number uk

Stewmax

Hi!

I recently setup another paypal account for a secondary business account.

I'm in the UK but paypal keep asking me to insert my routing number and account number to link my bank account instead of SORT CODE and account number, Can someone please help as to how this is change to sort code?

Many thanks 

Stew

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stewmax 

Firstly you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business.

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk all of them being banned.

You are sometimes allowed a second business account but you have to ask customer services first.

Secondly you say you are in the UK so what countries paypal account do you have and what countries bank account are you trying to add?  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Stewmax

@kernowlass  in regards to the 2 accounts with a potential of them being banned, is this still the case if they are completely separate?

different logins and different bank accounts?

as far as i'm aware the payapl account is set to the UK (Although I don't know how to check this), I'm trying to add a bank account from the UK to paypal.  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Stewmax 

Different accounts would have different log ins anyway so yes if you have 3 paypal accounts you risk them being limited.

Your best bet is to contact customer services and get permission for the second business account.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/can-i-have-multiple-paypal-accounts-faq762

As for country go and click on profile (cog next to log out) and on the left hand side is nationality part way down the page, does it say UK?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

itraderuk20
New Community Member

Hi, I am having the same issue.  I have just setup a PayPal account, Nationality is UK , but when trying to add a uk bank account, it's asking for a routing number instead of a sort code.  

Any ideas?

PayPals contact by text doesn't see to be available right now!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@itraderuk20 

Have you opened a UK paypal account or a U.S paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.