no access to money sent to me when nothing about me changed since the last transfer

robert0520
New Community Member

This is very wrong. I left a very abusive relationship and started substance abuse rehab July 31. The old phone that I had was in her name. I got a new one that is prepaid around the middle of August. I have not had access to that phone since October at the latest. I have transferred a good deal of money to my bank account from paypal since then. They were not able to verify me through the phone at that time either; however, I had my log in information, knew my ssn, my bdate, and answered dozens of questions. It was tied through a card to the same bank account. So, the bank account was the same. That had not changed. The prepaid phone was the only phone I had access to since October. So, that had not changed. It is the same email address. Over the course of my decade long relationship with paypal, I have easily had ten thousand dollars sent to me. I have transferred large amounts such as a thousand dollars at the same time. Due to medical issues that occur from the substance abuse rehabilitation, I have had to miss quite a bit of work. So, my online friends chipped in to help me because they cared and they knew I needed the help. They sent me over two thousand dollars and I need the money. However, they will not allow me to transfer any of it to my bank account through the same card that they had on file. Not even ten dollars. Despite the fact that nothing had changed since the last time that I had transferred money. Again, I did not have the old phone the last time that I transferred money to my bank account. I did have the new prepaid phone at that time. It was tied to the same bank account through the same card as last time. It is tied to the same email address. I logged in successfully without any problems. I knew my password. I could answer any security question just like last time. Given all of that, I should be allowed to transfer money sent to me to my bank account. Their system should allow for supervisors to override through answering questions like last time. Their system should allow for people like me who leave abusive relationships and have to get prepaid phones. They sent me the money because I needed it and now I have no options. And it is completely unfair. They have over two thousand dollars of money sent to me and my information did not change. I am very upset. I need the money. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.