new 21 day hold on buyers and sellers money, PayPal made this call.

hillarysantique
Contributor
Contributor

I had a lovely older lady customer who purchased a nice ring for her daughter. I boxed the piece for shipping and was ready t0 ship the next day after payment. My customer paid me through Citi card and Pay pal and I thought all was fine. NO. Her payment with Citi although with Citi cleared on her end but was not put in my Paypal  account. I called PayPal to learn that this payment of $1300.00 was on hold for 21 days. The customers money left her card but was held by  Pay Pal. That was story one. I lost that sale. The buyer did not want to wait 21 days for the piece. I don't blame her. She dropped her PayPal account.

I purchased a layaway item from Romanov Russia. My first payment went through fine. But the second payment showed pending. I tried using my checking account rather than a credit card and the money is still pending. Even though I have $13.000 in checking and my layaway payment is $1611.00. I called Pay Pal and they stated that the new polocies state that all transactions have holds of 21 days. I am now angry. I have been with Pay Pal since it began, yet I cannot as a seller send jewelry in  a timely manner. In addition, I cannot send money to a seller without waiting 21 days.

In short I have been selling antique jewelry for 25 years. I will no longer accept Pay Pal. I will accept Money Orders and personal Checks. This saves me all Pay Pal fees. I have spoken to over 1000 PayPal users. All have similar stories. Its time to dump PayPal and move along. Both the sellers, and customers are losing money and time using Pay Pal. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.