negative balance

sincro82
New Community Member

Hi, 

I made a payment using paypal 2 weeks ago. Instead of using the paypal balance, plus the remainder from my debit card, paypal instead tried to remove the full amount from my debit card, which didn't have enough money. The payment bounced back as insuffient funds. 

After 5 days, paypal attempted again, and this time the full amount left my debit card, that was on the 3/12/19. However, my paypal balance is now showing the amount taken from my current account as a negative balance in my paypal account? 

What does this mean? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sincro82,

I'm sorry to hear that the balance is showing as negative and the amount is also shown as taken from your card. It is possible that the funds are still in transit, causing it to appear debited in both places, but if things are still the same now, it's probably not that. The circumstances do not sound typical, so the general assistance that can be given via the community will likely miss the mark. I would suggest contacting customer service to allow a representative to take a look at what happened and provide further assistance.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.