my money is on hold for no damn reason

n3gativ3
Contributor
Contributor

recently sold an item worth $520 usd, nothing uncommon for my account, the money has been put on hold, i have a verified account, and it says to get the money i have to ship the item. How the actual **bleep** does paypal expect someone to ship an item worth 520 usd and them not have a single dime of it, im literally giving the item away at this point, I just want my **bleep**ing money

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you are selling an item for that kind of money,Paypal wants to protect itself by having you show you have shipped the item,now how difficult is that?

just print a shipping label online,tracking included and 3-21 days,you get your money/ 

Login to Me Too

n3gativ3
Contributor
Contributor

ok you understand how stupid it is to sell something then ship it without ever having the money 

also this isnt the largest sell ive done and i have sold an item for $35 less 1 week ago and no problem 

this is the first time this has ever happened to me so yes it is hard for me to do because why the hell do i want to have MY money on hold for 0 reason at all 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

it is not for no reason.

There are a lot of scammers who ship nothing or ship empty box,I am sure you are honest and have the item to ship,but if yo have sold another item of the same price range back to back,this could be the reason this one is on hold. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

No one said you will never get your money,you will get your money after it is shipped and delivered. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@n3gativ3

PLEASE SAY THAT THE FUNDS ARE ACTUALLY SHOWING IN YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BALANCE BUT ON HOLD IN THAT ACCOUNT???

IF NOT IT COULD BE A SCAM.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Valensluv
New Community Member
This is another problem I’m running into period I teach music lessons online and got paid for a months worth of lessons what the **bleep** am I supposed to ship???
Login to Me Too

Valensluv
New Community Member
I completely agree and I think that they’re probably holding onto the money probably investing it in making some interest on it because there is no dam good reason why my money should be held for 21 days, period WTF,PayPal??? Soon you ain’t going to be around anyway. Not a fan. I can send money instantly through my Mova card not get charged a dime in the person doesn’t have to pay a thing and get it instantly the only problem is not everyone has Moville and people are too stupid to have PayPal I guess. Dissatisfied Customer for life.
Login to Me Too

llleblanc1986
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed this is stupid. I wish there was a way around PayPal when using EBay. They are quick to take their **bleep** funds out when you haven't even received the money yet. But decide to put you on a hold to get your money, nothing **bleep** me off more.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@llleblanc1986 

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 1/3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.
http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.