my $100 on hold

AdeyemiAdex
Contributor
Contributor

I am pretty new on paypal, I have barely $7 on my account, I won a contest and i was paid $100 the star prize in paypal on 4th of february 2020, my account is said to be on hold for 21 days, how can make it to be released now. I need the money right now

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AdeyemiAdex
Contributor
Contributor

the $100 paid in paypal is a gift for the contest, it has no shipment or tracking details

Login to Me Too

Nctall
Contributor
Contributor

@AdeyemiAdex 

I'm sorry to hear that your transaction is on hold, sadly, this is normal for new accounts. All payments that are sent goods & services will be onhold for 21 days until your account has met the following requirements:

• Wait 60 days from reviewing your first payment 
  • Receive a total of $150 
  • Receive 5 payments without any disputes, returns, or reversals

Once all these requirements are met, you will be able to enjoy having your money available instantly, until then, you will need to wait a full 21 days. I should also mention that you can have the sender of the payment hit "Confirm receipt" (personal) or "Confirm shipment received" (business) which will make the money available for you immediately. 

I hope I was able to help, if I did, please leave a kudo. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AdeyemiAdex 

Its down to how the payment was SENT to your account.

1. If they sent using money > goods / services option then paypal would see you as a seller and apply the new seller hold. They would also charge you a fee.

2. If they had sent using the send money > family / friends option then you would have had the payment instantly with no fee. (However that option is not available in every country).

There are however some occasions where friends / family payments are held for reviews but these are normally only 24 hours.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.