money hold

enterkita
Contributor
Contributor

from previous Q&A Questions. I got payment from customer on Dec. 3rd, 2018. Paypal send an email notified that money is hold and will be released by Dec. 24th, 2018 or sooner. By Dec 17, 2018, 04:24 pm, my customer received the stuff and leaved positive feedback. Now, Dec. 24th, 2018, 04:24 pm my money still on hold. Very unpleasant deals here. Reply answer from Volunteer Advisor ‎Dec-24-2018 04:10 PM Re: Money Hold @enterkita Was tracking info added to the transaction? PayPal needs to confirm that tracking indicate delivered. PayPal will release the payment within 1 day of the courier confirming delivery. After your hold is released, it may take until midnight (but it's usually sooner) for the money to appear in your account. if tracking is added, see if the customer can confirm receipt through the payment transaction in their PayPal account. If you have a hold placed by eBay you will need to contact eBay for more information. Kudos are greatly appreciated. My reply, I have added Track Code both at Paypal & the other party. Besides, i always monitored the progress. As per instructed, i asked my customer and he replies as below. "No, nothing from PayPal on my end. Never received any messages from them or Grail regarding endorsements for payment release. Could it be another transaction? Also, I’ve already left positive feedback for this transaction on it. Best, Jim.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

NEILC1
New Community Member

This is really disappointing and means I will never again use Paypal when this is resolved.

I have a couple of items on Ebay which are linked to Paypal but when ended, so is my relationship - disgraceful.

This combination has managed to lose a loyal and trustworthy customer. Whilst my departure will be unnoticed by these 2 organisations, I fear many will follow when subjected to this treatment.

Thanks both

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@enterkita

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for 'new sellers'.

If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Feedback does not count for payment release.

Normally for Ebays hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days (if you use Ebay / paypal postage).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.