megacharger payment

phillip59
Contributor
Contributor

I have payed for this and paypal won't pay the seller who is 3d brothers this is for a chager which will be shipped in 60 days, now they cant as you have not payed, if you have not payed in 2 days I want you to give me a full refund why are you keeping hold of the money and why have't you told me that you have't paid them ?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phillip59 

PayPal hasn't told you, because customarily its none of the buyer's business as to the status of the seller's account and that their payments are subject to holds. PayPal informs sellers of holds and how to get funds sooner. You shouldn't have to be here ranting about this at all the seller is not reading or following the procedure if what you are talking about are indeed PayPal's funds availability holds.

PayPal holds money because:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-and-when-will-it-be-available-...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-my-paypal-payment-sooner-for-a-transaction-...

If there is a record of received payment in the seller's account even if it is on hold, they should ship as soon as possible and provide tracking info so that PayPal can confirm delivery and release the funds, or seller can still ship and PayPal releases money in 21 days.

Why is the seller not shipping until 60 days when PayPal only holds funds for up to 21 days makes no sense.

The seller shouldn't be running their business payment by payment and the money is already received in to the seller's account its just that they can't use the funds for up to 21 days. This is to make sure the merchant are not fly by night with a viable business and capital on hand to run the day to day operations and complete fulfillment of orders. Got to invest money to make money. There are those sellers who wait until they have the buyer's money to buy the inventory and ship and that's not the way to run things. They will not survive against these holds. That's what they have to understand.

The seller should not keep from shipping your order or they will run the risk of you filing a dispute to get your money back like you said. If in a couple of days, seller does not ship, you may file a dispute:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@phillip59 

PayPal hasn't told you, because customarily its none of the buyer's business as to the status of the seller's account and that their payments are subject to holds. PayPal informs sellers of holds and how to get funds sooner. You shouldn't have to be here ranting about this at all the seller is not reading or following the procedure if what you are talking about are indeed PayPal's funds availability holds.

PayPal holds money because:

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-and-when-will-it-be-available-...

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-get-my-paypal-payment-sooner-for-a-transaction-...

If there is a record of received payment in the seller's account even if it is on hold, they should ship as soon as possible and provide tracking info so that PayPal can confirm delivery and release the funds, or seller can still ship and PayPal releases money in 21 days.

Why is the seller not shipping until 60 days when PayPal only holds funds for up to 21 days makes no sense.

The seller shouldn't be running their business payment by payment and the money is already received in to the seller's account its just that they can't use the funds for up to 21 days. This is to make sure the merchant are not fly by night with a viable business and capital on hand to run the day to day operations and complete fulfillment of orders. Got to invest money to make money. There are those sellers who wait until they have the buyer's money to buy the inventory and ship and that's not the way to run things. They will not survive against these holds. That's what they have to understand.

The seller should not keep from shipping your order or they will run the risk of you filing a dispute to get your money back like you said. If in a couple of days, seller does not ship, you may file a dispute:

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.