lost £300 by accident, accidental refund with wrong funding source, how to reclaim

shriller44
Contributor
Contributor

issued refund with my bank instead of balance as my balance was 1 short of the correct value, i have literally just lost £300 how do I get it back, is there any way, i have contacted my bank and paypal multiple times and each time all they say is to contact bank and contact paypal vice versa, this is literally a nightmare, i have been direct debited £300 and the payment hasnt cleared to the receiver, so there is still hope in getting in back but how, whoever i call just redirects me to someone else, complete accident, help someone. (my balance was 299.99 when i issued so it auto used my bank without even telling me and I need this back bad, doubt anyone can help tbh, literally f*** my life). 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shriller44 

If you issued a refund from your bank balance then once cleared the buyer would receive it so whats the problem, surely you wanted to refund?

Then the funds in your balance can be transfered to your bank account if you wanted to.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

shriller44
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@shriller44 

If you issued a refund from your bank balance then once cleared the buyer would receive it so whats the problem, surely you wanted to refund?

Then the funds in your balance can be transfered to your bank account if you wanted to.

Ah sorry, forgot to mention, i actually wanted to cancel the refund.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.