i've sold an item on ebay but on the ebay app it tells me the payment is inititated

Dasha29
New Community Member
so I sold an item but ebay isn't giving me any money on my paypal account because ebay claims it's only initiated and pending the problem is that i will probably not recieve this money because it's been 24 hours already it says the seller bought the item but it doesn't even give me their address or anything really don't know how to resolve this
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dasha29 

Do you see a record of payment in your PayPal account but PayPal is holding it and marked pending? If not, do not ship. If you do see a record of payment, click it, and it should say in the payment details what you should do next.

Please be cautious of fake emails always check your PayPal account for payment first. If you see no record of payment at all, you have not been paid. Its a scammer pulling your leg.

If your sold eBay listing shows the dollar sign as normal text ( $ ) you have not been paid. If dollar sign is bold in black ( $ ) then you have been paid.

With new sellers though your payments may be subject to PayPal 21 day hold until you're proven to be reliable. The payment will be marked as Pending in your PayPal account, but the money is there. 

Here is the info you'll need to get the money released sooner:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dasha29 

Do you see a record of payment in your PayPal account but PayPal is holding it and marked pending? If not, do not ship. If you do see a record of payment, click it, and it should say in the payment details what you should do next.

Please be cautious of fake emails always check your PayPal account for payment first. If you see no record of payment at all, you have not been paid. Its a scammer pulling your leg.

If your sold eBay listing shows the dollar sign as normal text ( $ ) you have not been paid. If dollar sign is bold in black ( $ ) then you have been paid.

With new sellers though your payments may be subject to PayPal 21 day hold until you're proven to be reliable. The payment will be marked as Pending in your PayPal account, but the money is there. 

Here is the info you'll need to get the money released sooner:

Sellers/recipients do this to get money sooner (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an order status.

Note: PayPal releases funds 24/48 hrs from delivery confirmation with courier by PayPal, if tracking info is provided.

Then ask buyers/senders to “confirm receipt” to release funds (may not be available for some countries):

3. Click Confirm Receipt.

4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

***Not all transactions require receipt confirmation.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.