i have been scammed by these pay pal people

mwechumi
New Community Member

these guys chew your money but still they refuse to link your debit or credit card i spent over 9$ on account verification but they dont send a code to me

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Michael

Hello. @mwechumi. I'm sorry to hear you've had any difficulty receiving the code that's needed to complete the card confirmation process. In general, however, it's up to your card issuer to provide you with that information. If a charge was successful (and it sounds like several charges were successful), then your card issuer needs to display the information from PayPal on your statement along with the charge.

While you are consulting with your card issuer, please don't initiate the confirmation process again since multiple attempts to do that can cause problems when multiple codes are sent. When the confirmation process is complete, or when sufficient time has passed, all charges will be refunded to your card. I hope this is helpful. Thanks for your patience during this time.

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mwechumi 

Can I add, is it a credit card? Only you can't add a debit card in Uganda.

You can't add a local bank account / debit card in your country.
You can only link a credit card.

Also the option to receive paypal payments is sadly not available in Uganda.
You can only send payments for purchases funded by your (confirmed) credit card.

Paypal varies a lot country to country and can only offer the services that the banks / governments of that country allow it to offer.
There are quite a few countries unable to receive paypal payments.

https://www.paypal.com/ga/webapps/mpp/ua/residence-full

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.