how to do transactions exceeding my credit card limit?

ParlinKiyojords
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone,

i have transaction on internet which exceeding my Credit Card limit in Indonesia.

So  i am thinking to add my balance on Paypal for couple times to make my "Paypal Balance" enough to do the transactions.

But since i can't find "Add Money" feature on my Paypal, i don't know what to do to solve this problem.

Do you guys have any solutions for this?

thank you very much for your concern.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Dian

Hi @ParlinKiyojords

Thanks for asking your question here in our Community. 

I am afraid that you are not able to add funds to your Payal balance in order to make payments. When a card is linked we will use this for payments, if the card issuer gives us permission. Maybe you can contact the card issuer and ask them to set up a limit on the card itself? This way the payments will be denied and it should prevent you from exceeding the limit

I hope they can help. 

Dian

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

PayPal_Dian

Hi @ParlinKiyojords

Thanks for asking your question here in our Community. 

I am afraid that you are not able to add funds to your Payal balance in order to make payments. When a card is linked we will use this for payments, if the card issuer gives us permission. Maybe you can contact the card issuer and ask them to set up a limit on the card itself? This way the payments will be denied and it should prevent you from exceeding the limit

I hope they can help. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

ParlinKiyojords
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Dian,

Thank you for your reply,

Yes, off course i had ask my Credit Card issuer to increase my limit, but they won't do that.

I don't know what the reason.

if I could do that, i won't throwing questions like this.

Actually, i never had a big transaction on my bills.

Because I also only use credit cards for my daily payments.

So.. my bottom line is.

Do you have any solutions for my problem?

*because my credit card limit is only about $1,200 and i want to have transactions around $2,000. 

Thank you for your concern.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Dian

Hey @ ParlinKiyojords, 

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Maybe you can add another card that will allow you to spend the rest of the amount that you need? I am afraid that we are not able to assist as we need an active funding source from which we are able to deduct the money.

If the card has reached his limit the payments will be denied. 

Dian

Login to Me Too

ParlinKiyojords
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Dian,

Thank you for your reply.

Maybe i will contact the seller to split the transaction bills into 2 or more.

Hope they agree about that.

Thank you Dian.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.