how do i link my paypal and mpesa account

_2000
New Community Member

whenever i try to link these two account they tell me my data does not match.i i have asked them to identify which data they cannot tell me as when i register a paypal account i have used

1. an email which is same as the mpesa email
  2. a telephone number which is the same as my mpesa number
  3. a national identity card number which is the same i registered the phone number with

which out of these data is wrong 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@_2000 

Name and if applicable, billing address, on both accounts must match as well.

You will be required to do the following to make use of the Service:

5.1. A qualifying M-PESA Wallet for Top Ups and Withdrawals;

5.2. A PayPal Account opened by you, a Kenyan resident, and under the same name as the account in 5.1.

5.3. Linking a PayPal Account to an M-PESA Wallet, which will require you to:

5.3.1. Enter his primary PayPal Account’s email address;

5.3.2. Successfully log on to his PayPal Account;

5.3.3. Enter his M-PESA Wallet phone number; and

5.3.4. Enter the 4-digit verification code sent to the mobile number associated with the M-PESA Wallet.

5.4. You will not have the functionality for Top Ups or Withdrawals until all of the linking requirements in clause 5.3 have been successfully completed.

5.5. To provide the Service we are legally obliged to identify and verify our customers and to report suspicious transactions that may arise.

5.6. If we are unable to identify and verify you to our satisfaction, you may not be able to make use of the Service.

5.7. In order to be to verify your identity, you will be required to supply us, PayPal, and/or Safaricom, with certain documentation from time to time, which will be reviewed for the purpose of continuing to supply the Services.

5.8. We may suspend your use of the Service if you are unable to provide us with the required documentation to our satisfaction, or if we are required to do so by prevailing legislation, or if we suspect any fraudulent conduct.

https://www.paypal-mobilemoney.com/m-pesa/terms

https://www.paypal.com/ke/smarthelp/article/what-is-paypal-mobile-money-service-with-m-pesa-faq3891

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.