how do I access merchant credit sent to paypal cash plus

Spiritseeker09
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I received a refund/credit form Airbnb on March 21st, but the funds never credited to my paypal account.  It states it is in the paypal cashplus account, but I can not seem to find this or access this money.  I am not getting any help from the customer services text or even a phone # I can call.  Please help as I need to access this refund.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spiritseeker09 

PayPal Cash Plus is associated with your PayPal balance, so they are one of the same. However, issued refunds are returned to original funding source. Arrival times may vary:  

- Bank payments, 3-5 or 5-7 days, depending on your bank. 

- Cards, PayPal Credit about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. 

- PayPal balance (PayPal Cash/Cash Plus), fairly instant. 

- Split payments between PayPal balance and card/bank, see above.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Spiritseeker09
Contributor
Contributor

I used my Paypal DEBIT Mastercard to pay, this links directly to my bank acct, but I have not received these funds. Please advise

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Spiritseeker09 

The answer is in my previous post.

"Cards, PayPal Credit (billmelater), about a week, up to 30 days depending on your issuing card. "

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Deadberri
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same thing happen. It says the merchant issued the refund on May 3, 2021. I paid for the item via my PayPal account, using my bank account as the payment method. Should I wait longer or should I be concerned I haven't received my refund yet?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.